Chapter 54

Highly concentrated and with her eyes closed, Rina meditated to become one with her chakra. By the rage which she had had now and then, the more powerful chakra had gone crazy. For this reason, she had had no choice but to sit down and become one with it.

Rina felt many things around her. Konan who occasionally walked through the rainy alleys, Zetsu who occasionally came through the walls, even the main body of Pain could feel the girl. Until now, no one had asked Rina about this body.

She only knew that a sent genin who had come back from the Chunin exam had been sacrificed to become a vessel for one of the six Pains. So to speak, the six paths which were possible with the Ringegan.

The condition of this body had been clear to Rina from the first time she had felt it. Although it had quite a bit of chakra, it collected it in the metal rods that each Pain possessed to control it miles away. Rina wanted to know how far his knowledge and chakra could go.

Little was known of the Rinegan. No one really knew how this eye technique worked. And there Rina would have liked to be with Pain when he had fought against the Rokubi. Well, Pain had not really fought but simply defeated the man named Utakata.

 So the Rinnegan had to be so powerful that not even a Bijuu could stand against this. The Bijuu should be more powerful than anything else. Possibly Hagoromo had made a mistake in splitting the juubi.

"Rina.", whispered Konan when the latter had entered her room. "Hn?" it came back in the same way as she kept her eyes closed.

"Orochimaru was killed." Konan informed the girl, who seemed to remain calm. "You know what that means."

Silently, Rina nodded. Yes, she knew what was coming. The boy of the same age would set out to find Itachi. Likewise, the people from Konoha would be looking for him. Why they were doing this, she didn't really care.

"I'll be on my way in a minute." Rina purred and took a deep breath. So the moment had come to complete her revenge. She had become strong enough to stand up to her older brother and kill him.

After Rina finished her meditation, she took a last warm shower and got dressed. She strapped her katana to her back as usual and took the blue mask in her hand before leaving her room.

Her plan was to jump off the roof right away to save herself the walk through the building. Quite a lot had happened in the last few weeks, and she almost didn't keep up.

All but two Bijuu had been captured. Likewise, they had lost quite a few members. Among them Hidan and Kokuzu, who had been defeated by some chunin.

Apparently the Kyuubi's Jinchuuriki had also been involved and had more than improved according to Zetsu. They all had to be careful from today on when they would encounter him.

Only Deidara, Pain, Konan, Kisame and one other member whose name remained unknown to Rina were still alive. Zetsu as well as Tobi, alias Madara she did not count at all.

"He is supposed to be near the fire realm. In the old Uchiha hideout as far as I know." , Pain's voice emerged, who had been waiting for the Uchiha on the roof.

Briefly, Rina nodded before standing on the edge of the roof, feeling the rain on her as she always did. "Someone strange is on their way here. I don't know who it is but I have a feeling I've known that chakra before." , Rina announced.

"Konan and I will take care of it." Pain said, looking at her with his Rinnegan. "We'll see you as soon as Madara calls us together.", he added before Rina had finally put on the mask and jumped off the roof.

"Itachi, I'm coming."