Chapter 111

It was a sunny day in Konoha when three children ran around laughing, one of whom had been very small and was eventually picked up. Watching the children, the adults ran through the alleys of the village before Sarada joined her mother.

"Mom?" came from her. "Yes?" Sakura asked back and continued walking beside her. "I'm actually always happy when dad is back. But...why is he always so sad on his birthday? And why is he always so sad when he looks at an old photo?" the girl asked.

"My dad always stares at a photo too!" her friend Boruto intervened. "Sometimes it's really creepy, especially because he always looks like he's about to cry. And someone like that is called Hokage." came out of the boy with amusement, which Sakura acknowledged with an angry look. "Don't speak so ignorantly about the two of them! There are reasons why they are like that!"

Right now, Sakura was glad that Sasuke and Naruto were walking several meters ahead of her, while Hinata had been closer to her. "Huh? What reasons and why aren't you telling us?", Sarada wanted to know, which made Sakura exhale. "Because you were still too young. But today, you'll find out."

Several minutes later, they were all standing in the cemetery. Although Naruto had a lot to do, he had always taken the day off, no matter what. He was even glad that Shikamaru, his advisor, was at his side.

"Oi! Grandpa Kakashi!" Boruto shouted when he had actually arrived on time. "Call me sixth..." he reprimanded annoyed and got an amused look. "At least you're on time for once." Naruto laughed and was able to lighten the mood a little.

"Mom, who's lying there?" asked the youngest Himawari in her arms. Now Sarada and Boruto, who had rarely been here, were also curious. The grave was a little further away than those of Neji or other shinobi.

A statue had also been erected depicting a young woman with antlers. It looked almost regal. A powerful person who would protect the village.

"Rina Uchiha..." Sarada murmured and widened her eyes. "The white jasmine you told me the meaning of!" Sakura nodded in confirmation and placed a hand on her head.

"You all know our Team 7 photo, right?" The children nodded at Sakura, who had finally looked at her husband and her friend. They probably wouldn't be able to say anything, so she was allowed to take over.

"Rina Uchiha is the fifth member of our team. You've never really noticed it, but if you look closely, you can see it on their faces." the now Uchiha smiled. "She's Sasuke's twin sister."

Startled, the children looked at the Uchiha. "Dad..." Sarada murmured quietly. So he had never wanted to tell her because he still missed her. Now she also knew why he was always sad on his birthday.

"She sacrificed herself in the Fourth Shinobi World War so that we could win. She gave her chakra to Sasuke and Naruto, making them stronger." Sakura explained calmly.

"And...why...", Boruto began and was interrupted by his mother, who was standing next to him. "Your father loved Rina. Very much so." she admitted honestly. The rest was another story in itself. But Hinata didn't want her son to think badly of his father. He wouldn't think of neglecting her himself.

Hinata would tell her son another time that Rina had asked him to fall in love again and be happy. What mattered now was the here and now.

"Does that mean that the stories told at the academy really happened?" asked Sarada.

"Yes, Sarada." Sakura spoke, looking at Sasuke. "Everything about the Otsutsuki and their family trees is true. And unfortunately, Rina, who wanted to protect the village in the end and didn't come back, was also caught."