Chapter 106

Silently, Rina had cried to herself while her eyes were closed and Shisui had held her. As promised, the Uchiha remained sitting with her and would wait until she had been ready. Either she would take a step forward or a step back. Something she was finding incredibly difficult right now.

Calming herself, Rina detached herself from him a bit and rubbed her reddened eyes. At least in this place she could see as she had seen before. Her vision would probably still be affected if she lived again.

Smiling, Shisui leaned back a bit and supported himself on his hands. "I guess you're ready, aren't you?" he asked the young Uchiha.

"What did you tell her?" asked a second voice which would now intrude. The dark eyes focused right down on the two before he knelt down himself, almost making Rina cry again.

"Only that I will wait here until she has decided." , Shisui admitted and could only see a shake of his head.

"Nii-chan..it..is incredibly hard for me. Especially now.", Rina spoke to her older brother who had probably also come here because of her wish.

"On the one hand, I can't leave Sasuke alone. But..I don't want to leave you either.", she admitted and lowered her head again.

"What are you afraid of?" asked Itachi now. "That..everyone will hate me no matter what I decide." , Rina brought out brittly.

 Gently, Itachi, who had taken her hand in his, now smiled as well. "Rina, no matter what you decide. No one will hate themselves because of it. Neither Sasuke, nor Shisui, nor I.", Itachi promised her. "And..what about the others...?", she now wanted to know.

"I don't know your comrades from the academy. But I know your team. Kakashi would lose another person though, as well as Sakura would lose a good friend. Well, Naruto has also had to experience quite a lot. He'll probably be hit the hardest, like Sasuke." , Itachi spoke calmly.

"But..he does have Hinata...", Rina muttered, revealing her feelings about Naruto to him. "Certainly, but when I talked to Naruto, I saw it in his eyes. Rina, he loves you."

Briefly, there was silence which surrounded the three Uchiha. "You're afraid because of your eyesight, right?" asked Shisui when he had stated this. "Yes, there are no more eyes for me..."

"Don't forget. Konoha has two very capable medics. Tsunade and Sakura. I think they'd manage to save your eyes.", Itachi spoke somewhat motivationally. "Your comrades will surely stand by you, no matter what you've done.

"They are not my..comrades...", Rina almost wanted to scream, but became quieter and quieter. How often she had simply ignored and hated that word. But to him, comrades still seemed to give great importance.

"Mhm...", Rina grumbled as she admitted that deep down she had seen them all as comrades. Itachi hated her at that moment for his words and for reminding her of comrades and what they meant.

"Rina, you don't have long. Your body won't wait for you forever." , Shisui now spoke. "And we can't stay in this place forever. Both of us are no longer alive.", he added.

Shisui was right. But it did good to talk to him and Itachi. It had filled their loneliness. Filled with love and understanding which they had given her. And always had.

Just as Rina was about to open her mouth, the Uchiha stood up and smiled down at her. "No matter what you choose." , Shisui began to speak.

"We will stand behind you and be there for you." , Itachi finished his sentence and thought before the two turned and slowly strode away from her.

To a light that the Uchiha would send back to the sky, to the place where their whole clan had been.

The light blinded Rina, who was now alone again and had stood up by herself. Near her, a river suddenly appeared, which she approached and looked into. First she recognized only her reflection, before the whole picture changed and she could look down from here on the world.

Everyone she could see. Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, even Sakura who had come to her sickroom. Also Tsunade as well as many others from her childhood. Her heart felt heavy. A tugging she could feel in her chest. Especially when Hinata came into her sight and she inquired about Naruto's well-being.

Her eyes closed as her right hand rested on her left breast. Amaya's fate was about to change. And that with her decision which Rina would definitely not regret.

"I'm ready." Rina spoke softly before the whole place around her disappeared.