Chapter 48

"You did a good job." Konan praised the Uchiha who was sitting in her room and had already told the leader what had happened. "It was a good decision of Pain to teach you this jutsu. , the young woman continued, asked by Rina to untangle her hair.

The long dark hair had grown a lot since she had cut it the last time. She didn't want to lose it, so Rina needed a little help. Maybe she would need another hairstyle soon. A bun or something.

"Can I ask you something?" came monotonously from Rina who had been looking at Konan through the mirror. A nod could be seen, which was why Rina didn't want to hold back on the question for long.

"How did you get to Akatsuki?" she asked curiously, and was looked at thoughtfully for a brief moment. Konan didn't know how far she could trust this Uchiha. After all, she was a follower of Madara. One never knew where he had his spies.

Konan had always been watching him. Actually since she had met him the first time. It was right here, in Amegakure, when Madara wanted this organization. At that time, it had been quite different.

Konan was only here to protect Nagato who was pretending to be Pain. He was her only and important friend from that time. For that reason alone, she was here.

"Akatsuki was founded by myself with Pain and a deceased friend." Konan finally spoke, perhaps making the biggest mistake of her life. "We've always lived here in Amegakure. But it used to be much worse. Many residents were poor and had hardly anything to eat. Those who had food were robbed." , she explained to Rina.

"Hanzo, who you should know, had always oppressed everything and everyone. In the war, hardly anyone had a chance against him except for three people who came here. It was the second shinobi world war that changed us. told the woman who had been known among the inhabitants as Angel. Actually fitting because of her paper jutsu which she sometimes wore as a wing shape.

Pain was known to everyone as a god. Someone to be feared and yet respected. A strange mixture but Rina liked it.

"War has always been a nasty thing. That alone is why we founded the Akatsuki, which wants to bring peace." That's all Konan wanted to say about it. Any more information could have consequences for her. "Madara joined a little later and then everything took its course."

"I see." came only from the Uchiha who had accepted everything just like that. For her, this information was enough to know more about her future life.

"Does Pain have another task for me?", Rina wanted to know now, looking at her blue mask which was lying on the table. "Not yet. You'll have to practice patience. After all, you're going to have to take on one of the bigger tasks."

"Hn..." Then she would have to wait. Wait until she would be put to use. Could Rina even fulfill what was required of her?