Chapter 59

Evening had fallen when Rina finally arrived near the Uchiha hideout. Unfortunately, she had lost her way a bit, as she had sensed several chakras. One of them had been quite strong, which was why Rina had assumed that it could only be the Kyuubi.

Only, he had to wait and get in line. Rina had already activated the Sharingan and was heading straight for the building. Well, what was left of it.

Her eyes widened as the rain clouds increased and several flashes of lightning could be seen. Two chakras could be seen facing each other and one of them had plenty of them.

Slightly her body trembled as Rina observed what was happening. Sasuke had actually beaten her to the punch and had brought Itachi to the point where he had very little chakra left.

She quickly approached and stopped when the black flames appeared in front of her. The infamous Amaterasu that Madara had spoken of when she had asked about various techniques.

"Wonderful, isn't it?" asked Zetsu, who had come out of the ground. "Itachi has completely removed Orochimaru from Sasuke and thus his curse mark.", the plant purred long and had apparently been here longer to watch the fight.

"Madara and I had a very good talk with Naruto Uzumaki beforehand." , it came from him what had not interested Rina just now. Her Sharingan was searching for a way to move through the flames.

Her legs took her around the right side of the building, where she had to jump up a bit to get onto a platform. Just at that moment, lightning struck Itachi, who was able to protect himself in his Susanoo.

Coughing up blood, the Uchiha, who had nevertheless moved toward Sasuke, staggered. Sasuke's eyes snapped open and he stumbled back. So he wasn't strong enough to kill him after all. Rina might have a better chance. But she wasn't here. She wasn't here to save his eyes, especially since Itachi had been the one to kill her almost three years ago.

"Why don't you just die!" cried Sasuke desperately as he continued to back away. With his right hand, which was shaking at Itachi, he headed out of Sasuke's face. The latter had long since reached the wall behind him and was staring at his brother as if paralyzed.

Watching the whole thing briefly to be able to give the coup de grace herself, Rina crouched in the background. And then it happened. Itachi Uchiha tapped his two fingers on her twin's forehead before a soft smile.

"Forgive me..Sasuke. There..won't..be..a..next...time," the Uchiha breathed before slumping down and falling on the ground.

As if of her own accord, Rina's tears left her, though her Mangekyou Sharingan had formed once more. Her lips trembled as she saw this fond farewell and dropped to her knees.

"Is that it?" came the question from Madara who had come out of his dimension. "Ah, I see. So Itachi is dead.", he already stated, looking at the twins.

One had fallen over from exhaustion, while the other couldn't control her emotions. "We should get out of here before the shinobi show up." , Zetsu opined.

"You're absolutely right.", Madara agreed with him and ran towards the male Uchiha, whom he had sent into his other dimension with his jutsu.

"Come Rina. It's time to complete our plan."