Chapter 98

Kaguya defeated and finally breathing a sigh of relief, Team 7 was brought back to the real world and were greeted by the four Hokages, as well as several other former Kage. Also present was Hagoromo who had looked at the group and also thanked them for their performance.

Naruto, who had been looking at the old man, looked at him resolutely. "Hey old man!" he began and was immediately interrupted by someone. "Hey you snotty kid! Be more respectful to our master!" grumbled Kurama who was now being looked at.

"Oii Kurama!!!" grinned Naruto there a bit more happily waving his arms, which Hagoromo looked at with amusement. Apparently Kurama had found someone he liked after all.

But when this was over again, Naruto looked to the Rekudo Senin once more. "You were able to save Sasuke and me, you gave us your power because we are the reincarnations of your sons." , the boy spoke. "Can't you do something for Rina?" he asked, which caused Sasuke, who had been staring at the corpse, to raise his eyes as well.

"What makes you ask that?", Hagoromo wanted to know and was slightly saddened by the sight. He had hoped that Ashura could help change fate this time.

"Rina is the reincarnation of Amaya, isn't she? I know she's made a lot of mistakes that she regrets, I'm sure of it! There must be something we can do to help her!" Naruto said, gritting his teeth.

"Naruto...", Sakura murmured softly. For a long time, she had known what he had felt for Rina. She became even more aware of it when she had confessed her feelings to Naruto to stop him from his plan towards Sasuke.

There he had said it right to her face. Not only that she would lie to herself, but that he would love someone else whom he wanted to save. In battle, that love was only brought out more as Naruto had done everything he could to make Rina become herself again.

"I don't know if I can do anything for her, my boy." , Hagoromo spoke. "But I can try. But before that, I have to send the rest of the dead back.", Hagoromo admitted and would have to trigger the Kage.

So Naruto had only been given this moment to say goodbye to his father, which everyone had been watching. Sasuke, however, could wait no longer and finally turned to Naruto when he had spoken to his father.

He knew exactly what would happen now. He had promised Sasuke. Promised to take all his hate upon himself and stood ready to fight. "No, not here.", Sasuke spoke and turned around. "You know which place I will take.", he added and jumped away from the group.

This one time, he would not lose to Naruto.