Chapter 38

"You're leaving, aren't you?" asked Rina in the dark living room as she stayed awake. "You can't stop me.", Sasuke said coldly to her to protect her. His decision had been made a long time ago. Actually since Naruto had become so strong, which he could see on the roof of the hospital.

Naruto had caught up with him, so he had to take another step. A step, which he would not regret and thus leave his sister alone. "I know. I know you, Nii-chan." Rina, who had stood up, spoke.

His backpack was visible on his back, though he certainly wouldn't need it during his training. "I've suspected it for a while."

Silently, Sasuke looked at his twin sister. She was taking it all rather casually it seemed. "As soon as I'm strong enough, I'll kill Itachi. Count on it."

"I'll beat you to it," Rina replied, which made Sasuke smirk slightly. "We'll see about that."

Briefly Rina nodded and would not say goodbye to him in any other way. Finally, she was not allowed to have any more ties with him to become stronger.

After Sasuke had set off, Rina had waited a few hours until she had prepared herself. In her backpack, which she would take with her, she packed some bandages, as well as weapons. Likewise, Rina packed some leftover food for safety, which would otherwise only go bad here.

The distraction Sasuke gave everyone was perfect for her. So no one would notice what the Uchiha was up to and could sneak away at another time. So more hours passed, which Rina could use for herself, before she was picked up by an Anbu in the late afternoon.

He took the Uchiha to the hospital where her team would be waiting. At least what was left of them. Once in the room, her breath stopped for a moment as she saw Naruto badly injured in front of her. What had happened?

"Rina, Sasuke..he...", Naruto broke off. He couldn't bring himself to tell her. "He's gone to see Orochimaru. I know.", she answered him. 

"But, I promise you that I will bring him back!", he pronounced loudly and looked at her with his blue eyes. At that moment, Rina had to pull herself together not to show any emotions.

It was a promise he would surely keep. However, Rina would never be allowed to experience this promise herself. And her eyes spoke volumes, as Naruto could see. He realized that something was wrong with her and that she had known what was coming. So Rina had known for a long time that Sasuke was leaving Konoha. And he also knew that Rina didn't want to wait any longer.

"I'm sure you can bring my brother back to his senses." , Rina spoke as she stood by the door again. "Keep your promise, Naruto."