Chapter 109

As if by magic, all the inhabitants around the three had disappeared. Only they three stood in the cemetery and got a moment for themselves. While Naruto and Sasuke had looked to Rina, she looked at her bright tombstone which had been laid out.

"It was worth it to produce the chakra to be here one last time." , Rina spoke which continued to hold her hands. "If I had never given you my chakra, this would not have been possible now."

"Rina...", breathed Sasuke who could feel her hand quite well. So could Naruto, whose hand had tightened a bit around hers.

"Why?", Sasuke now wanted to know. "Why did you leave me?" he encompassed the question more precisely.

"It was not easy for me. Hagoromo told me what else happened between you before you fought. He left it up to me to decide whether to go on or go back. Honestly, I wanted to go back, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because I was afraid. Afraid of being shunned, afraid of not being able to stay here in Konoha." Rina explained, lifting her head slightly to look at the gray clouds.

"And then Shisui-nii came when I was at a loss." , the Uchiha smiled.

"Shisui...?" breathed Sasuke, still remembering that she had a very good relationship with him. Gently, Rina smiled. "Yes, and then Itachi came and told me that he and Shisui would always have my back, no matter what I decided."

"Really now?" asked Naruto who had let the siblings talk for now. "Despite those talks, I didn't know what to do. I made a lot of mistakes. On top of that, I couldn't really see anything at all if I had woken up. I know Tsunade and Sakura would have done anything to help me. But..I didn't know if it would have even been possible."

"I see..." , Naruto said. That explanation was apparently crucial to their decision. And yet. She should have stayed!

"In the place where I was, I could see all of you. I saw how you were doing, what you were doing, and how you all decided. And that's when my decision came. I didn't want to take the risk of losing control anymore. I didn't want to put Konoha and my comrades in danger."

"K..comrades...?" asked Sasuke stuttering which made Rina laugh. "I never admitted it, but yes, they were all my comrades, which Itachi made me realize once again."

Silence fell for a moment before Rina exhaled and slowly let go of her hands. " Nee-chan!" came a direct panic from Sasuke who had stretched his right hand forward.

A gentle breeze blew as Rina turned back a little, blowing her long hair around as she smiled. "I want you to rebuild the Uchiha clan as you did after our goal. If you ever have a daughter and she receives the Sharingan, I want you to be there for her. That the same thing doesn't happen to her as happened to me and my predecessors. Take care of her and let her grow stronger little by little. She should not hate anyone, but see the love in everyone and be able to understand." , Rina spoke slightly dreamily before looking to Naruto.

"Naruto, you have always been a role model for me. You never gave up and always gave your best. Keep fighting because I know you will become Hokage. The Hokage who can change everything. Only you can give the peace that Itachi and Shisui also wished for." , she smiled and looked into his blue eyes.

"Besides, I want you to be happy and fall in love again. There is a girl who likes you very much and could accompany you well on your way." , she gave the Uzumaki to understand, finally looking up to the sky again.

"Support each other. Like day and night, ying and yang, fire and water. We will always be connected and I will always be in your hearts." Rina spoke as the sun slowly came through the clouds and finally all the residents were present again, who could see the sun shining down on Rina's grave.

Shedding tears, Naruto and Sasuke looked at the girl who was walking towards a bright white light. A sight that was meant only for them and had given them even more tears as Rina turned around once more.

Her hand rose as she continued to smile happily and behind her in the light several people had stood. The whole Uchiha clan with Sasukes's parents, Itachi and Shisui. But also Jiraiya, Minato and also Kushina were standing behind the Uchiha just waiting for her to receive them.

"Well then, until we meet again." , Rina said goodbye before finally standing completely in the light and slowly disappearing with it.