Chapter 18

In the evening, the team sat together again in the dining room. Thereby Rina was with Sakura with Tazuna on the way and had a little rice for the meal had procured. Food which had been quite rare in this area.

So one could only understand better why Tazuna wanted to have this bridge finished. The village really had to suffer long enough because of Gateau.

"Thank you for the food and the shelter." , Kakashi thanked the family again. "Not at all. That is the least we can do for you. Without you, my father would definitely not be alive." , the young woman smiled.

"You are going to die anyway!" came from Inari, the grandson of the bridge builder who for some reason had a hatred for the shinobi. He had already said this sentence the day before and made Naruto angry.

The latter lay exhausted with his head on the table and listened to the boy, who continued to speak his mind. It was kind of exhausting to listen to him say it.

"You don't know what you're talking about! You always talk about how everyone is going to die! You call everyone weak and helpless! I don't know what made you think that way, but stop fooling yourself!" Naruto suddenly scolded the boy.

Rina was a little surprised that Naruto could go berserk. But he was right. If you didn't try, you couldn't change your life. Naruto knew best of all. He was the best example of how you could make something out of your life if you tried hard enough.

Although Naruto had been a bit harsh with Inari, Rina, no one else had said anything about it. There was nothing more to add to that, even if Inari had left the room offended and angry.

And as curious as Sakura was, she had immediately asked his mother about the story. A man who had become his father and had sacrificed himself for the village. Actually a good deed and yet it had brought nothing against Gateau.

Rina knew such a loss, but on a larger scale. She had lost not only her father, but her whole family. Except for her brothers.

But in this room there was Naruto, who had never had a family. No father, no mother, no other member of it. He had always been alone. Had fought alone for himself and still continued to fight.

If Rina didn't already think so, everyone would eventually be able to look up to him. Naruto was a person who could pull everyone along with him. A motivation to get up and keep going.

The Uchiha could not deny it. She couldn't deny liking this boy, looking up to him. He would probably be the person she had to betray, as well as Itachi had said. Naruto would be the one she had to betray.