Chapter 14

"It...is so quiet...", Sakura said as the team took a seat in a small boat to cross the other side of the river. "No one even dares to make a sound, neither to cross this river." Tazuna explained the situation.

In the meantime, a fog had formed which made it more difficult for everyone to see. A fog which had apparently been common in this area.

"Boaaah!" came loudly from Naruto. "Shhh!", Tazuna hissed at the boy when he saw the bridge.

To be honest, this one was really big. Rina could understand why Gateau didn't want it built. He would lose all his money from the inhabitants of the wave kingdom. It was hard to believe that a normal man would be able to do something like that. What would actually happen if this man was a shinobi?

"We are here." whispered the boatman who had wished the group good luck when they disembarked. Luck they could certainly use.

"Naruto..what are you doing?", Sakura asked annoyed when he acted like an animal. Again and again, this one looked around. "There's something...", he said seriously, which was why Rina had actually looked around. Is he stupid?

"There's nothing...", Sakura also said somewhat hissing and continued to run after this one. Suddenly, Naruto grabbed a kunai and hurled it into a bush. "Naruto!" came reprovingly from Sakura.

"It's just a snow bunny..." muttered Tazuna as Naruto claimed to have sensed something. Half crying, Naruto jumped towards that nose and cuddled it through. "I'm sorry, little bunny!" he whined, actually not being as stupid as Rina had briefly thought.

Seeing a snow hare in this area was very unusual. He wasn't wrong about the danger and had probably sensed it before anyone else.

"Get down!" shouted Kakashi a moment later, to which everyone threw themselves to the ground and felt a breeze above their heads. What was that?

"Almost got all your heads. You react very quickly, Kakashi Hatake, the ninja from Konoha who has copied a thousand jutsus," a voice spoke above them.

"Zabusa Momochi," Kakashi replied immediately. "One of the seven sword ninja from Kirigakure."

So this was really a swordsman? Rina had never been allowed to see one of them before. So it would be exciting to fight against this one and gain experience.

"Hold your horses. I'll take him on already.", Kakashi spoke when he could see his team's attitude and turned his face towards them.

"He's very dangerous and there's no way I'm going to let anyone on my team die."