Chapter 104

"Sasuke.", the voice of Sakura sounded in the dark cell in which the Uchiha was. A few hours ago was the funeral service of the fallen shinobi with whom hope was lost. Among them was Inoichi Yamanaka and Shikaku Nara, the fathers of Ino and Shikamaru. But also Neji Hyuga was among the deceased, who had sacrificed himself for Hinata and Naruto.

With his eyes as well as his arms, what was left of the one voluntarily bandaged, Sasuke turned his head slightly in the direction from where he could hear their voice. "Is there..anything new?" he asked directly. Why else would Sakura still be here?

At the moment, no one was allowed to see him. Not even Naruto which apparently would receive a new arm from Hashirama's cells. Tsunade had only allowed Sakura to come here to report on his sister's condition. That was all there was to it for security reasons.

"Nothing so far, I'm afraid. But I've noticed something since I keep going to visit her." , began the Haruno, which is why Sasuke was now listening more attentively. "Whenever I've examined her, I've felt nothing. No warmth, no pulse purely nothing. But sometimes it seems to me as if there is something there. Something deep inside her that doesn't come out."

"What does that mean?", Sasuke now wanted to know. "From a medical point of view, I can say that her body and mind are fighting but can't decide on anything. Something must be keeping her from coming to us."

Thoughtfully, Sasuke turned his head away slightly. Rina is being held back from something? From what? Was it Hagoromo who was talking to her? Or was there something that would still keep her from coming back to him?

If Rina was still at that intermediate place where he had last seen her, then she was not really dead yet. Maybe there was something or someone who wouldn't let her decide.

And there was only Itachi or Shisui to consider. No one else could actually stop Rina. Except maybe Amaya Uchiha, one of her predecessors. Only unfortunately, Sasuke didn't know that Rina herself was standing in the way.

"I'm afraid that's all I can tell you yet. But as soon as I see a change and I am also sure, I will come back." , promised Sakura which smiled and unfortunately had to leave the Uchiha again.

"Sakura.", Sasuke spoke at that. "Yes?", came the return question from the kunoichi. "Thank you...", it came out of his mouth somewhat quietly, knowing much effort she was putting into it.

"I promised you. So all good.", Sakura smiled before disappearing.