Chapter 23

"Where is Sasuke?" asked Ino, who had appeared next to Rina. "Don't know." , came back the curt answer. "Huh!? He's your brother, shouldn't you know where he is!?" the blonde immediately grumbled, which was already getting on Rina's nerves again.

"He's old enough and he'll be fine without me. So stop bugging me.", came it coldly from Rina, who had immediately looked at Ino with scathing eyes. Goosebumps formed on her skin when she saw those cold and dark eyes.

"Ino, we have to concentrate on the exam ourselves." , my Shikamaru who wanted to defuse the situation. "Besides, he's coming there."

Fact. Rina had already seen that they had gone out for fresh air. But that they had tried to fight Lee, she had only learned when this boy was grumbled at by his comrades. So Lee was going to fight an Uchiha.

"Do not underestimate me! I will defeat all of you!" Naruto's voice suddenly rang out as he looked at all the genin. Incredibly, he had mustered up that courage again to stand up to everyone. "Naruto!" shouted Sakura, immediately apologizing for him.

Perhaps it was better that way. Naruto would just get in the firing line like that otherwise. Furthermore, Rina stayed in the background and watched the teams. Besides the Suna-Nins, there were also some from Kirigakure or Otogakure. Not much was known about their abilities so far, which is why it had been difficult for Rina to find a weakness at all.

Her eyes slid only now and then to her team, which had apparently gotten several pieces of information from a genin from Konoha. Something Rina wanted to do herself and didn't want to rely on someone else's opinion. After all, no one could tell her how strong Itachi had become. She had to find that out all by herself.

"So you little brats!" came loudly from a man who had come into the waiting room. "Take a piece of paper and sit down! I'll explain the rest to you afterwards!"

Quite strict, Rina thought, but did as she was told and sat in the middle rows. On the left, a bit diagonally in front of her at the window, sat Sasuke, while Sakura had sat about one or two rows in front of her. And well, Naruto had the misfortune of being in the front rows. And then next to this Hyuga who had a crush on him.

Rina didn't like this girl. Not because of her character or her manner. No, it was actually quite cute, especially that she didn't judge anyone just like that.

But Rina didn't like her on principle because she had her eyes on Naruto. The only girl next to her who had liked Naruto from the beginning. Only Rina would never openly admit it or show it. After all, everyone would laugh at her if they found out her feelings.

"I am Ibiki Morino, your first examiner. With me, you will take your written exam!" the man introduced himself, already seeing Naruto's reaction.

What everyone from Konoha had known. Naruto was lousy at this!

When Ibiki had explained the rules and told everyone about the single exam that Rina would take, the exams were distributed on the tables. At that moment when Rina had turned the page, she knew something for sure.

Naruto would definitely fail this exam.