Chapter 35

The next day, Rina knew what had happened. While her team had taken care of Gaara and they had been injured, the Hokage had lost to Orochimaru, who had joined forces with Sunagakure. But not only the Hokage had lost his life in this fight.

Many Jonin had lost their lives, of which a photo had been taken. The rain had already started at the beginning of the funeral service and trickled on the dark hair of the Uchiha. Of all those present, she had suffered the fewest injuries.

Naruto as well as Sasuke were still standing next to her slightly weakened, with Sakura having a few scrapes on her body. What exactly had happened, Naruto had almost gleefully told her. Only she knew that Sasuke's stubbornness would not accept this fight. She already knew there would be a fight between them.

A new Hokage had to come, this was already certain anyway. But who could take over this position as well as the third? Here in Konoha, there would be no one who could come close to the former Hokage. Maybe Asuma, the son of the Third, would be a choice. However, the smoker would never be able to become like his father, that much was also certain.

Soaked, Rina ran back to her apartment where she was allowed to live with Sasuke. Since the Uchiha massacre, Rina had never returned to this old neighborhood. Only the painted walls alone pointed to her clan, which she had lost.

In her room, a picture of her family hung on the wall, which she had always kept well hidden from Sasuke. Well, he would never come into her room anyway, that she knew. She also didn't just go into his room if he didn't allow her to.

Exception of yesterday, when she had to bring new clothes to the hospital for him, which he wanted to wear when he was discharged. Rina had not even looked at everything in his room. Only the picture of her team was on the dresser which had been obvious.

Almost lonely, Rina sat at the dining table and had grabbed a bath towel to dry her hair. She had already changed her clothes in her room so that she would not get sick. Something she couldn't afford to do and so she had made herself some tea.

That Orochimaru had attacked Konoha had certainly not happened by chance. For them, there had to be a reason why this snake had suddenly collaborated with Suna.

Likewise, Sasuke was a target he should not lose sight of. The curse mark would surely make her twin go to him one day. And Rina had to prepare for that.

She knew her brother. He would go to Orochimaru out of pure power to be able to win against Itachi. So Sasuke would find no other way than to accept this power of the curse mark. A decision that would lead him astray.

And this would also be a reason why Rina had also thought about it. Thoughts about finding something that would give her a chance against Itachi.