Chapter 26

"Rina!", Naruto's motivating voice rang out as the genin had left the room. "Huh?" came rather monotonously from her. "You can do it!" he grinned cheerfully, having given his thumbs up.

Although Rina's face had shown no emotion, she had been quite happy with his words. A nod from her had been enough for everyone to see her gratitude. Sasuke had also nodded to his slightly younger sister, as well as many an Uchiha would have done. Actually he wanted to be the one who went alone to an exam. Only unfortunately what she had been faster and he hoped that she would become a chunin.

"Don't get yourself killed.", Rina said somewhat provocatively, before raising her hand and walking down the hallway Anko had spoken to her about earlier.

"So, you're Rina Uchiha." a masked man said, with her immediately recognizing a dressing mask. "I'm supposed to take you to the Hokagen."

Nodding, she gave him to understand that she would follow him. So she made her way with this Anbu to the Hokagen who would be waiting for her in his office. Inwardly, she tried to figure out what her exam would be about.

Did she have to fight a battle? Go on a mission? Or did she have to take another written exam? It could have been anything.

Rina didn't even know what her team had to do right now. All she could do was hope they made it to the next round so she wouldn't be the only chunin. How bad would that make Team 7 look?

"Rina, glad you're here." the Sarutobi spoke, with several Jonin present. Among them was her sensei, who gave her a brief knowing nod.

"Ibiki has already told me how you got your information." , the Hokage spoke immediately, smoking his pipe as usual. "According to the observations, you understood the meaning of the test very quickly. Tell me, how did you figure it out?"

Briefly, Rina shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, my chakra showed me unknown chakra of chunin and jonin. Since I watched the other teams before the test, it couldn't have been any of them."

"What, your chakra?" asked Kurenai who had had Team 8 under her. "How would I know? My body reacts to it automatically. So I don't know how or why.", came a slightly angry voice from Rina.

It was actually a wonder that the Uchiha had spoken so much anyway. With the death of her clan, she and Sasuke had been pretty limited. They both spoke only the most important things. But if it was part of the exam, I guess Rina had to go through it.

"Kakashi said that you awakened the Sharingan. How did that happen?" the Sarutobi asked, which caused Rina to look at her sensei angrily for a moment. That perverted flirting paradis reader!

"Don't know. I've had it for a few years." , she only commented. She had never really caught the trigger. She only knew that it had arisen from many emotions so only something came into question.

"I see..that night then...", the Sarutobi muttered, thus revealing the reason to the Jonin.

"Does this have anything to do with my exam?", Rina now wanted to know. What good did it do them to know that she had the Sharingan? She wouldn't say anything about the other technique today, which she had obtained through Sasuke's suspended animation.

"Yes, I wanted to know how far along you are in taking this test. Your team is in the Forest of Dread right now. Also called the forest of death. There they will learn how to act and react in the outside world. They certainly won't be able to avoid a fight between another team." , the man in front of her explained.

"The question I asked myself was whether you can be ready to do a single test with your Sharingan." , he added at the end.