Chapter 57

For several hours, Team 7 had been on the road with Team 8 looking for Sasuke. Since the news had come that Orochimaru was dead, everyone knew where Sasuke was going. Ever since the beginning of his genin days, it had appealed to Sasuke. His goal was to become stronger and kill Itachi.

But he was not the only one who had this revenge plan. Also Rina had said it, when the team 7 had introduced itself. One more reason to find the two as soon as possible. Because Naruto knew one thing for sure. If Sasuke was with Itachi and had found him, Rina would have to be with them as well.

Never would she pass up the chance to let Sasuke go first. She had also had a reason to leave the village. No matter where she had been in recent years, Rina certainly knew how to get information.

Spreading out the shadow doubles, Naruto continued to search. Again and again he jumped from tree to tree and only briefly caught a hand on his shoulder, which made him stop. For a brief moment, the Uzumaki thought he sensed a farewell. A farewell, from a person, which had become important to him.

However, when a shadow double of his had disappeared and sent him the information, Naruto could not think about it any further. A shadow double had been defeated by Sasuke, which was why he now knew exactly which direction to go.

"Naruto! Wait!" shouted Kakashi behind him, who had accompanied him with Yamato. No, he couldn't wait. He had to get to Sasuke as soon as possible and bring him back to the village. Then it would be Rina's turn, whom he still had to find.

A sound made Naruto sit up and take notice before he had even looked between the trees. A black cloak with red clouds could be seen, which distracted Naruto. There was one and right in the direction he himself needed to go!

Quickly Naruto jumped after the Akatsuki member. It could be a trap but Naruto didn't want to miss the chance to take down one of them.

Arriving at a clearing, Naruto looked around. Concentrating, he searched for the chakra that had led him here before he could see a figure approaching him.

His blue eyes widened as his body went into a fighting stance. Here stood the very man Sasuke and Rina would be looking for.

"Itachi Uchiha!"