Chapter 60

Lost in thought, Rina walked through the new hiding place where she would be from today. The death of Itachi had taken her but more than initially thought. Thus, she had avoided Madara as well as Zetsu who had further executed the plan.

Deep under the earth stood a replica god tree which carried the cells of Hashirama Senju. This produced some white Zetsus, which were also called Shiro-Zetsu. Rina already knew about this plan. Actually since she had joined Akatsuki.

An army of Zetsus seemed good to her. That way, she wouldn't have to fight the shinobi who opposed the plan. But to bring these Zetsus to life, someone had to be found who had the wooden hideout and thus the cells of Hashirama.

According to information, a Jonin named Yamato was to be this candidate. He was abused many years ago as an experiment by Orochimaru until he changed sides. Bringing him here was certainly not easy. But as Rina knew Madara, he already had a plan. And there he would surely bring Kisame into play who was just wandering around lonely somewhere.

"I told you the story of your brother." Madara's voice sounded. "I know the story." Sasuke replied immediately. "I will tell you the true story. One which he withheld."

Rina gulped. What was Madara talking about! "What truth?", Sasuke voiced her thought, which was why Madara had made herself comfortable. "All right, then. Let me tell it from the beginning. It started at the Kyuubi's attack."

From then on, Rina just listened. Madara told how the attack on Konoha had come about and how Itachi had finally decided to act as they knew he would.

"Hated by his own clan, hated by all of Konoha, including you and your sister." , Madara spoke. "Don't talk about my sister like you know her!", Sasuke hissed right away, not knowing she was still alive. His feeling at the time had been enough for him.

Briefly Madara smirked under the mask. If only he knew.

"Itachi Uchiha chose his path willingly. He voluntarily killed the clan I helped with, of course. But in return for me helping him, you and your sister were to be spared. And from then on, Itachi lived a lonely and secret life as a renegade."

Briefly, Madara stopped before turning his mask to Sasuke, who had frozen in place. "He made you both believe that he did it out of pure power, too. But that wasn't true. He wanted you to hate him. He wanted you to hate him so much that you decided to kill him. Well, actually, he would have died anyway if his illness had progressed any further."

Itachi was sick? Since when? And why did he have to act like that? Rina didn't know what to think anymore. She had done wrong to her big brother.

When Madara finished the whole story, he looked closely at Sasuke. "So, what's your decision? You had your revenge which you always wanted. What are you going to do now?", Madara asked the younger man, while Rina was eager to hear his answer.

"I will hold Konoha responsible for this! I will kill Danzo as well as the elders!", Sasuke pronounced.