Chapter 6 : Meeting with Ibrahim.

"Hello." Ava said with a low tone.

On the other end of the line, there was a brief silence, almost as if the caller were judging her. Ava's heart raced as the deep voice on the other end of the line finally spoke. "Ava!" The voice paused momentarily before continuing, "I was waiting for your call."

 Ava's fingers toyed with the edge of her nightshirt as she asked the question that had been haunting her from the previous day, "Are you the one who's been sending those bouquets? Why did you give me those flowers?"

The man took a deep breath,"Mmm..m" and Ava could hear the sound of his inhale over the phone. She took small, measured steps and sat on her bed, awaiting his response.

"I sent those bouquets to get your attention," he admitted.

Ava's brows furrowed as she asked, "My attention? Why?"

The man's voice held a hint of amusement as he replied, "I saw you at Mia's wedding, and I couldn't help but become interested."

Ava leaned back against her pillows, still confused. "But how did I make you interested in me?"

A faint, almost amused chuckle filtered through the line. "Perhaps I should be asking that question, not the other way around."

Ava shook her head, "I really haven't done anything to garner anyone's attention."

The man playfully prodded, "Are you getting nervous, Ava?"

Ava quickly retorted, "No, I'm not nervous. But I'm puzzled. I didn't even meet you at the wedding.

The man explained, "You might not have seen me, but I certainly noticed you... enough."

Ava gripped the phone tightly, her curiosity growing by the second. She hesitated briefly before asking, "Are you a friend of Mia's?"

The man clarified, "I don't really know Mia well. I'm more of Amir's friend."

Ava nodded in understanding. "I see. So, what's your name?"

The man paused for a moment before revealing, "You want to know my name? It's Ibrahim, Ibrahim Rahman."

Ava processed the name, repeating it in her mind. Her mind was racing as she heard the name 'Ibrahim Rahman' before. She placed the call on speaker mode and pulled up her phone's browser to search for Ibrahim Rahman. 

Ibrahim on the other end of the line sensed her actions. "Are you searching my name on the internet?" he asked. 

Ava was momentarily taken aback. How could he possibly know what she was doing? "How do you..." she started, but he interrupted her.

 "Okay, go ahead and do your search.", Ibrahim encouraged her.

Ava directed her attention to the search results displayed on her phone screen. The search revealed that Ibrahim Rahman was indeed a well-known and wealthy businessman in Kuala Lumpur. Her eyes widened as she read about Ibrahim Rahman, a renowned and wealthy businessman in Kuala Lumpur. The search results painted a picture of a man deeply involved in various legitimate enterprises, from real estate to technology companies. However, the internet was silent about his shadowy underworld activities.

Ava's curiosity drove her to click on image results, and a series of photographs of Ibrahim appeared on her screen. He was captured in various settings, from formal events to candid moments. He had a sharp jawline, his hair immaculately styled with gel, and brown eyes that seemed to penetrate through the camera lens and his attire was always perfectly tailored.

Then, as if out of nowhere, a voice startled her, "Have you completed your search, Baby Girl?" It was the same voice, but this time it didn't come from her phone. Her eyes widened as she looked up in alarm.