Chapter 65 : The Aftermath of the Kiss.

The dining table in the Rahman Mansion was adorned with an array of dishes, and Aziza placing tea cups and plates before Ava and Samir. The fragrance of breakfast filled the air and the morning sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a gentle glow on the dining scene.

Samir teased Ava, "So, sister-in-law, ready for the trip?"

Ava, savoring her cereal, nodded and replied, "I've never visited Malacca before, even though it's just a 2-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur."

Sipping his tea, Samir replied, "That's why Ibrahim chose Malacca for your trip." 

She stirred her spoon in the bowl, considering the thoughtful choice Ibrahim had made. How well he knew her preferences, even when planning a simple getaway. 

 Meanwhile, the quiet hum of the morning was interrupted by the arrival of Faisal's car, pulling into the mansion's driveway. Both Ava and Samir peered through the window, catching sight of Faisal stepping out of his car.

"Faisal finally remembered us after days." Samir remarked. 

Faisal, entering the dining hall, greeted Ava and Samir with warmth, engaging in a friendly handshake with Samir.

"Where have you been these days?" Ava asked while smiling. She last saw Faisal in the party. 

Taking a seat at the table, Faisal explained, "I went to visit my sister; she's studying abroad."

"Did you really go to see your sister, or was there something else? Are you busy dating someone?" Samir teased Faisal. 

Faisal shot Samir a serious look and retorted, "I don't have time to be busy with dating like you."

On the other hand, Ava was curious about Faisal's sister, asked, "Where is she studying?"

Faisal responded, "She is studying in London."

Ava's eyes lit up as she exclaimed, "London? I really love London! I applied for a scholarship at Manchester University because it's a step closer to London, but... no updates yet." She looked down at her bowl, her disappointment palpable. "I've only seen it in movies, you know? I've always dreamed of strolling along the Thames and exploring the city. Maybe someday," she added with a wistful smile.

Faisal and Samir exchanged a glance, an unspoken understanding passed between them. The weight of the impending revelation about Ava's scholarship cancellation was heavy on Faisal's conscience. He felt a pang of guilt, realizing that what he had done seemed more like a crime. It was like he not only cancelled one scholarship, he burnt one wish of a innocent soul.

Faisal started to pour a cup of tea. And on the other hand, Samir asked, by maintaining a normalcy, "Sister-in-law, aren't you and Ibrahim leaving? Is the packing done?"

Ava shook her head, indicating that it wasn't, and stood up from the chair. "I need to check on it before we leave."

As Ava exited the dining hall, the atmosphere shifted, and a shared exhale of relief echoed through the dinning hall.

Leaning back in his chair, Samir tried to downplay the situation. "It's Ibrahim's problem," he said, "He told you to do that. Don't overthink it."

Faisal leaned forward, his hands gripping the edge of the table. "You don't understand, Samir. I've never felt this much guilt, not even when I took the first life with my own hands. Ava is different. She's innocent, like a sister to us."

"We knew Ava's lifestyle would come with its challenges after marrying Ibrahim," Samir remarked. 

Faisal nodded, his gaze fixed on a point beyond the dining hall. "True, but Ava's innocence makes this harder to bear."