Chapter 40 : "Why are you trembling so much?"

Ibrahim's authoritative tone cut through the air, "Ava, there's no time to waste. We need to reach the hotel soon. Guests are waiting." 

Ava sighed. She had no other ways now. She cursed under her breathe, infront of him she always had to surrender, "Fine."

"Turn around," Ibrahim instructed. Ava complied and her internal conflict was palpable. The faint sound of her hesitant gulp underscored the room's charged ambiance. Her open back was inviting his gaze. 

"Why are you trembling so much?" Ibrahim inquired, noticing Ava's physical reaction. 

Ava was taken aback by his question, "I just... I don't like your touch."

Despite her discomfort, Ibrahim continued his task. As he freed the last strands, a subtle smirk played on his lips.

He willingly traced his fingers along the contours of her back. His fingertips danced delicately along Ava's spine. Closing her eyes in response to the sensations, she involuntarily stopped her breath.

His fingertips were cool like a gentle breeze on a winter night. As his fingers worked their way up and down, Ava felt a gentle ebb and flow of emotions. Up and down, his fingers moved like a silent melody. Each touch sent shivers through Ava.

She clenched her fists and questioned herself why Ibrahim was doing that. Ava struggled to contain the emotions that his touch stirred within her. She felt a conflicting blend of irritation, discomfort, and an undeniable awareness of his presence.

"Why don't you like this touch, Baby Girl?" Ibrahim inquired. 

But Ava's voice betrayed a hint of frustration, replied, "Don't cross limits, Mr. Ibrahim. I haven't forgotten last night when you had forced to agree for the party."

Ibrahim, seemingly unfazed by her warning, completed his task by closing the chain. Ava turned to face him, ready to express her discontent, but before she could speak, Ibrahim interjected, "You look mesmerizing, Ava."

As Ibrahim's compliment left his lips, Ava couldn't help but feel a warm flush spread across her cheeks. Blushing, she tried to divert her attention, her eyes now fixed on the intricacies of the room. 

"Aren't we getting late now?" Ava inquired. 

Ibrahim has stepped back now, "Let me just wear my suit." Already dressed in a white shirt and black pants, he opened the closet and retrieved a distinctive black suit with intricate patterns. He donned the suit, it seemed tailor-made for him. The suit increased his confident aura more. He always looked handsome in every suits. 

Ava looked at him for a moment. He was infront of mirror. She unintentionally captivated by the sight, found herself gazing at Ibrahim. The suit seemed like a second skin. The muscles of his hand hid under the clothe. 

But Ava quickly averted her eyes. Why was she scrutinizing him so closely? On the other hand, she could still felt his touch on her back. She didn't know why but everytime Ibrahim touched her, the sensation.... didn't left quickly. 

Once Ibrahim finished combing his hair, he stood before Ava and declared, "We can go now."

....

The car pulled up in front of the grand hotel, The Opulent Haven." Ava's eyes widened at the sight of the media frenzy. Photographers and journalists surrounded the entrance, eager to capture every moment. She attended many parties but here she was main attraction. 

On the other hand, Ibrahim was unfazed by the attention. He turned to Ava, "Don't worry. They'll just click pictures and ask a couple of questions." 

Ibrahim stepped out from the car and came to Ava's side. He opened the car door, extending his hand to help Ava step out. His touch, a blend of courtesy and possessiveness, did not go unnoticed by the prying cameras. Ava was trying to maintain her composure. She emerged from the car, the train of her teal gown cascading elegantly.