Chapter 26 : Saving Her From The Fire.

Between her hurried breaths, Yasmeen managed to convey, "Ibrahim sir's room caught on fire. The... the room is locked. Ava ma'am is inside."

Shock gripped the room. Time seemed to warp as panic seized Ibrahim's thoughts. Without a moment's hesitation, he sprinted towards his room, his every stride fueled by the fear that Ava was ensnared in the unfolding disaster. 

Samir also followed Ibrahim. On the other hand, Faisal diverted towards the fire extinguisher.

Upon reaching the room, Ibrahim's desperation increased as he discovered the door locked from the inside. Frustration echoed in his shout, "Why is it locked from inside?"

Samir tried to calm Ibrahim down, "Calm down, Ibrahim. Ava will be safe."

However, Ibrahim's focus was singular — Ava's safety. Ignoring Samir's words, he directed his energy towards forcefully pushing against the stubborn door. The repeated impacts resonated in the room, each collision a symbol to the fear that gripped his heart. 

The maids, drawn by the commotion, gathered outside the room, their faces etched with concern and confusion. Aliya, too, arrived, her eyes widening at the unfolding chaos.

With each attempt to break the door, Ibrahim's frustration grew. Samir lent his strength to Ibrahim's efforts. Together, they became a force against the door. 

Finally Ibrahim unleashed a powerful blow that shattered the door. Wood fragments scattered, and the room revealed itself in a whirlwind of chaos. Smoke filled the room, making it hard to see. The smell of burning things hung in the air. Flames flickered, casting strange shadows.The bed, curtains, and various elements in the room were caught in a fierce blaze.

Amidst the roaring flames, Ibrahim spotted Ava unconscious on the floor, dangerously close to a large blaze. Ignoring the imminent danger, he rushed towards her. 

The air thick with smoke, the heat unbearable, he reached her side. Ibrahim attempted to wake Ava, "Ava, wake up! Please, Ava!"

Aliya, standing at a safe distance, urged him to be careful, "Be safe, son."

Meanwhile, Faisal returned with the fire extinguisher, aiming it at the raging flames. The hissing sound of the extinguisher trying to quell the fire mingled with the crackling of burning wood.

Ibrahim gently lifted Ava into his arms and stepped out of the room. Ibrahim screamed, "Someone call an ambulance. Hurry Up!" 

.....

Ava slowly opened her eyes. The harsh brightness of fluorescent lights above made her squint, causing a dull ache in her head. 

The sterile scent of disinfectants filled in the air, and the beeping of machines nearby filled the room. As her surroundings came into focus, she realized she was in a hospital room. 

She tried to move, but a dull ache spread through her body. It was a discomfort, not pain, and she soon noticed the gentle beeping of a heart monitor beside her. Tubes connected to an IV were attached to her arm, evidence of medical care.

A nurse, clad in a crisp white uniform, approached with a warm smile. "Good evening, dear. How are you feeling?"

Ava's voice was hoarse as she replied, "Thirsty."

The nurse nodded and poured water into a plastic cup with a bendy straw. She handed it to Ava, saying, "Take it slow."

Ava sipped the water, the cool liquid soothing her parched throat. After a moment, Ava mustered the strength to ask, "What happened? Why am I here?"

Nurse adjusted some equipment by the bedside and then explained, "You were involved in a fire. You inhaled a significant amount of smoke. But don't worry, you're in the hospital now, and we're taking care of you."