Chapter 81 : Frustrated Elara.

The midday bustle in the Kuala Lumpur police canteen echoed with the clatter of cutlery and the lively chatter of officers. Elara and Michael secured a corner table, trays laden with the day's offerings. As they dug into their meals, Michael commented between bites, "The menu today is surprisingly good."

Elara nodded in agreement, "Yes, finally some decent food after all the complaints."

Michael acknowledged, "They seemed to have listened to us for once."

"Indeed." Elara replied. 

The conversation shifted gears as Michael casually mentioned, "Your sister and Ibrahim appear to be having a good time in Malacca."

Elara was momentarily surprised. He set down her fork and fixed Michael with a curious gaze. "How did you find out about them going to Malacca?"

"Social media is buzzing with their pictures. Haven't you seen them?" Michael responded. 

Elara admitted, "I'm not much into social media."

Michael pulled out his phone, navigating to the CelebrityFanPage account on Pinstagram. He showed Elara the series of pictures capturing Ibrahim and Ava's activities in Malacca – from exploring Jonker Market to sharing a meal in a cozy restaurant. The third image froze a moment in time along the Malacca riverbank – Ibrahim holding Ava's hand, both laughing looking at each other.

Elara's features tightened with a mix of concern. He pondered silently, When did they become so close? Though he warned Ava about Ibrahim but this pictures painted a different narrative.

Michael noticed Elara's reaction, "Why do you seem unhappy about your sister being happy?"

Handing the phone back, Ava dismissed the notion with a sigh. "Ava is young; she can't see through him. But Ibrahim... he's manipulating her to get closer." 

"Maybe they're just getting along well. Ava looks happy in these pictures." Micheal suggested.

Elara disagreed, "No, Michael. I'm trying to rescue Ava from that forced marriage. If Ava starts to love Ibrahim, then—"

Michael interrupted, "Starts to love? Elara, she's clearly in love with her husband. You can't dismiss it. Look at the pictures again. There's another kind of glow in Ava's face."

Elara shook his head, "Ibrahim married her forcefully. Love can't bloom under such circumstances. He's manipulating her emotions."

"Maybe things have changed. People can change, Elara. You should talk to Ava, understand her perspective." Michael suggested. 

Elara looked at Micheal with a blend of frustration and reluctance. "I don't want Ava to get hurt. If Ibrahim is playing with her emotions, I won't stand by and watch."

"Elara, you're her brother, and you care for her. But be open to the possibility that Ibrahim genuinely love her. If Ava's happy, you should support her. " Michael replied.

"I can't, Michael. I can't tolerate the fact that my sister is falling in love with a criminal, a mafia like Ibrahim, even if he's her husband." Elara replied. 

Michael tried to simplify, "Elara, you know Ibrahim doesn't have any motive to hurt Ava. Maybe he genuinely cares for her."

Elara's eyes reflected frustration, "Even if his intentions are not to harm her, the foundation of their relationship is based on manipulation and force."

Michael asked, "What will you do now? Will you send Ibrahim to jail? You don't even have a single proof of his illegal businesses." 

Elara affirmed confidently, "I will. I will send Ibrahim to jail."