Chapter 24: Not Telling her About Her Scholarship.

The room filled with the sound running water from bathroom. Ibrahim was talking late night shower. Ava was in the room sitting on the sofa, her phone in her hand, scrolling aimlessly. She couldn't help but reminisce about the nights she'd spent peacefully in their bed when Ibrahim didn't return home. Now, once again, she has to sleep on the sofa. 

Then, a notification chimed on her phone. It was a message about a payment received. A smile gradually crept onto Ava's face. It was her brother Elara. He 

sent half of his salary to Ava, just as he had done before her marriage. 

Ava immediately dialed Elara's number. She last met Elara when he came with other police officer in in the guest house. 

"Brother?" Ava greeted him as he answered the call.

Elara's voice held a hint of affection as he responded, "So, Ava misses her brother."

Ava looked up at the ceiling, lost in thought, and inquired, "How are you?" She didn't know how to start a conversation with her own brother. 

Elara assured her, "I'm alright. How about you? Is everything alright there?"

They engaged in conversation. In the meantime, Ibrahim had finished his shower and emerged from the bathroom. He was dressed in nothing but a pair of boxer shorts. His wet skin glistened under the room's soft lighting, highlighting his well-defined muscles and strong physique.

Ava paused for a moment while talking. She was taken aback by the sight of half-naked Ibrahim. His well-defined abs, muscular physique, and wet hair made quite the captivating sight. Ibrahim was also aware of his affect on her. A smile formed in Ibrahim's face. He came in front of the mirror and started to comb his hair. 

Ava stood up from the sofa, went to the balcony to talk, and leaned on the railing. She knew Ibrahim was trying to manipulate her by flaunting his physique, and she wasn't going to let him succeed.

Ibrahim stood shirtless in front of the bathroom mirror, examining the red mark on his back left by the coffee mug that Ava had thrown at him. The small area was now a reddish bruise. 

Having just ended her call with Elara, Ava entered from the balcony and took a seat on the sofa. She watched as Ibrahim struggled to apply balm to his wound. She had never expected that her action would lead to this. She asked, "Do you need any help?"

Ibrahim turned to face Ava, "You want to help? Well, why not?"

Ibrahim moved closer and sat down beside Ava on the sofa. He was still only wearing his boxer shorts. He handed the balm to Ava.

Ava took it from him and gently started applying it to his wound. But when her fingers touched the sensitive bruise. 

Ibrahim suddenly winched in pain even Ava was taken aback. Ava told, "You are overreacting, I know you are just acting." 

Ibrahim chuckled softly, "I like it when you get angry."

Ava issued a warning, "Don't provoke me. If I get angry, no one can control me. I've applied the balm; now, go to bed. I need to sleep."

Ibrahim stood up and gazed at Ava. He was is different mood, "There's something I wanted to tell you. It's about the beauty mark on your back near your waist. It's so beautiful."

And Ava's mouth fell open. She was always careful to dress modestly, not wanting to reveal even a hint of her skin. She gulped and asked, "How did you know about the mark on my back?"

Ibrahim spoke confidently, "I have my ways," and sat on the edge of the bed. A playful smile formed in his face, "I even know your body measurements - your bust is 34, waist 32, and hips 36."