Chapter 33 : Got Beaten By The Guards

After leaving the cafeteria, Adam travelled the university corridors. He was feeling countless eyes upon him. The video of his public apology to Ava was spreading like wildfire, and the students' curious stares only intensified his humiliation. His once-pristine reputation had crumbled within seconds.

In a low murmur, Adam uttered, "Ava Lim... I will not leave you."

Reaching his uncle Prof. Usama Syed's cabin, Adam hastily swung the door open. Inside, Prof. Syed, a 45-year-old man known for his handsomeness and popularity among female students. He was engrossed in checking students' papers.

Prof. Syed glanced up at Adam's unexpected entrance, asking, "What happened, nephew? You don't usually come here."

He told Adam to take a sit. Instead of taking a seat, Adam closed the door and removed his shirt to reveal a shocking display of wounds covering his torso. Each mark, ranging in hues from angry reds to deep purples and blues. All wounds tell a story of merciless beatings delivered by a heavy rod.

Prof. Syed was taken aback. He stood up and inquired, "Who did this? Were you in another fight with the boys?"

Adam clenched his fist, "No, uncle. Some men came out of nowhere when I was in the boys' bathroom, and they started to beat me brutally."

Concerned, Prof. Syed asked, "Who are they?"

Adam replied, "Bodyguards of Ava."

Prof. Syed furrowed his brow, trying to recall Ava. It was tough for a professor only to remember one student. But he knew a student named Ava Lim had recently married Ibrahim Rahman.

He questioned, "Ava? Ava Lim? Wife of Ibrahim Rahman?"

Adam nodded. His frustration was evident. He then asked, "Who is this Ibrahim Rahman?"

Now Prof. Syed was looking visibly angered. He took off his glasses, running his hand through his hair, "People know Ibrahim Rahman as a famous businessman, but he is more than that. He is the head of the underworld."

Adam also got shocked, "No wonder why I got beaten so brutally. Even they forced me to apologise infront of Ava."

Prof. Syed paused for a moment, then asked, "What did he do with Ava?"

Adam admitted, "I just asked Ava for a coffee date."

But Prof. Syed was displeased by Adam's answer. "Adam, you're not such a nice guy to simply talk to girls." Slamming his hand on the desk, he pressed Adam to reveal the full story.

Adam sighed, realizing he had to confess his actions to his uncle. Adam could proudly tell his actions infront of his friends but infront of uncle.....it was a bit challenging, "I.... I just held Ava's hand for a second, but she quickly withdrew it."

Prof. Syed shook his head, warning Adam about the consequences. "Now Ibrahim Rahman won't let you live. Crossing paths with Ava Lim means facing the anger of Ibrahim Rahman."

Adam took a seat and asked, "The guards have already beaten me. I only held Ava's hand for a second."

Prof. Syed playfully tapped Adam's head with a pen, causing Adam to exclaim, "Ouch, Uncle."

Prof. Syed couldn't believe Adam was this such a fool, "Can't you see that the guards only beat your body? There are no marks on your face."

But Adam got no clue, "So what?"

Prof. Syed, gritted his teeth, "The guards didn't touch your face because Ava and other students shouldn't know that you're apologizing forcefully."

Adam's mouth fell open. He cursed under his breath, "Now what should he do?" 

"I'm booking a flight for you tomorrow. Leave as soon as possible, for now at least." Prof. Syed replied.

...

Ava's heels clicked on the polished marble floor as she walked towards Ibrahim's office. It was located on the fourth floor of The Rahman Enterprise. She approached the door marked with "I. Rahman." 

It was not the first time, she came in Ibrahim's office. She knocked softly before turning the handle and stepping inside. 

Ibrahim raised an eyebrow at Ava's unannounced entrance. He was busy with his laptop. "Ava! You're here?" 

Not wasting any time, Ava approached towards his desk and posed her question "Did you do something to Adam?"

Ibrahim closed the laptop and leaned on his chair. He gestured to the seat beside Ava, silently inviting her to sit. Ava complied. 

"Tell me now," Ava pressed.

"Is that why you came here?" Ibrahim asked. He was looking calm as always.

Ava nodded, "I don't trust you... What if you did something to make Adam apologize in front of everyone?"

Ibrahim shook his head dismissively. "I don't know anything about Adam. I told the guards to teach a lesson if someone harasses you. Maybe they told Adam to apologize."

"Hmmm". Ava replied. She didn't see any wound on Adam too. He was looking fine. Perhaps he was really scared of the guards, so he apologized to her. 

A shrewd smile crossing his face, Ibrahim noticed Ava lost in thought. "What are you thinking?" 

"Maybe the guards only scolded Adam, but..." Ava paused for a moment then continued, "Adam just needed a good beating. He harasses many girls in the university, but no one complains because his uncle is a professor in our University." 

But she wasn't aware that her wish was fullfilled already and there was more to come. 

"Don't take pressure. The boy Adam won't do anything. I trust my guards." Ibrahim told.

Ava raised an eyebrow. "How many guards protect me in the university? I never see them. They don't come in front of me."

Ibrahim maintained his nonchalance. He act as if he didn't know. But after thinking he told, "Five. Five guards."

"What's going on? Why so many guards? In the university and even outside my apartment?" Ava's curiously asked. 

But Ibrahim was not going to share the threats of Rafi Ahmed. "No, baby girl," he reassured, "I just want to keep you safe."

"I don't know about others but I just want to be safe from you." Ava mumbled under her breath. Ibrahim also act like he didn't heard Ava's voice.

Ava stood up to leave. But a sudden recollection stopped her in her tracks. Last night's orchestrated hallucination and the unexpected kiss on her forehead..... Oh no..... How could she let that pass without retaliation?

"Why are you smiling like that? Am I looking extra handsome today?" Ibrahim sensed Ava's internal conflict, but he had no idea about it. 

Ava rolled her eyes, "I brought something for you." And the mischievous glint in her eyes hinted at her secret plan.