Chapter 82 : A Little Surprise.

The soft hum of the car engine faded as Ibrahim skillfully parked in front of a old jewelry shop. The aging jewelry shop stood as a relic of time, its exterior adorned with weathered wooden panels and faded gold lettering that hinted at its enduring presence in the community.

Ibrahim turned to Ava with a quizzical look, "Don't you want to step out from the car?"

Ava inquired, "Why are we here?"

Ibrahim gestured for her to follow as they stepped into the shop. The shop was almost empty, with only an elderly man behind the counter. Beside him stood a young boy, appearing around 14 to 16 years old.

Ibrahim inquired of the boy, "What about the earrings?"

With an enthusiastic nod, the boy exclaimed, "It's fixed, sir! It's done very well. You wait here; I'm bringing it now."

While the boy scurried off to retrieve the earrings, Ava subtly pulled at the fabric of Ibrahim's shirt, seeking an explanation. 

But Ibrahim offered, "Hold on for a moment."

Meanwhile, the elderly man signaled Ibrahim with a simple gesture—raising his hand, palm open, and displaying five fingers 🖐️.

Baffled, Ibrahim pulled out his credit card and offered it to the old man. However, the old man denied the payment with a shake of his head.

In the meantime, the boy returned, presenting a small jewelry box. Observing the credit card in Ibrahim's hand, the boy explained, "Grandfather can't talk or hear. He's saying no because we don't have a card-swiping machine."

Ibrahim asked, "How should I pay? I don't carry 50,000 ringgit in cash." 

"Check the product first, sir, and then you can pay." The boy suggested. 

The boy opened the small jewellery box, "Madam, take a look! Grandfather fixed it so well. You can wear it without any problem now."

And Ava's eyes widened, recognizing the gold earrings immediately. These weren't just any earrings—they held a precious piece of her past. When she was eight, her mother had gifted her these earrings, symbols of love and cherished memories. 

However, the passage of time had been unkind—the hook of one earring had dislocated, rendering it unwearable. No jeweler had managed to restore it.

Her mouth forming an 'O' of astonishment, as she gingerly took the earrings in her hands. The memories associated with them flooded back.

On the other hand Ibrahim was watching her. The joy in Ava's eyes was worth everything. If he had to cut a mountain for seeing Ava's smile ; Ibrahim would do that without any hesitation. 

The boy, eager to share in the moment, added, "Madam, grandfather worked his magic! Wear them with pride now!"

Ava looked at Ibrahim, gratitude in her eyes, "Did you bring me for this? No one in Kuala Lumpur fixed the earring. I went to too many jewelry workers."

With a gentle smile, Ibrahim replied, "It was not my work after all. You should thank the grandfather."

Ava turned to the old man, holding the repaired earrings, "Thank you, Grandfather. Thanks a lot."

The old man, though not comprehending her words, reassured her by displaying five fingers 🖐️. The boy signed a thumbs up 👍 to his grandfather, indicating that Ava appreciated his work.

The boy proudly shared, "My grandfather is famous in Malacca for his skills. Many come from far for his expertise."

Expressing her gratitude once more, Ava said, "Thanks a lot."