Chapter 33: Hike

Joey POV

We woke up then left Mariahs house around 12pm to go back to my Moms and Bobs to say goodbye. We said our goodbyes and left to my dads so he could take us to the airport.

Joey: Bye dad! See you next time *hugging his dad*

Joe: Bye Joey, see you later. See ya Daniel!

Daniel: Bye Joe! Thanks for bringing us here!

We got to our gate and waited about 30 minutes to board. The flight was amazing! No turbulence or anything. We got back home around 5pm. We didn't do much when we got back. Relaxed. Played with Wolf in the pool, ate and then went to bed. In the morning I took a fast shower and threw some clothes on fast. Daniel was still sleeping so I thought I would be the cook this morning and make breakfast. I made us some protein pancakes! Just as I was plateing the food and going to get Daniel, two arms wrapped around me and kissed my temple.

Daniel: You're so good.

Joey: Only for my man! *turning around to face Daniel*

Daniel: *kissing Joey* Mm so what'd you make?

Joey: Protein pancakes, just the way you like em'!

Daniel: Mmm thank you sir. *kissing Joeys cheek*

We ate our breakfast pretty fast. Daniel went back upstairs to get ready. I went up to fix up my hair a bit more.

Joey: Hey, want to go for a hike?

Daniel: I was actually just going to ask you that!

Joey: Okay! Perfect!! Let's bring Wolf! Maybe there'll be some little ponds or steams he can go in!

Daniel: Ya because shoot he loves them!

We finished getting ready fast, got wolf all ready and headed out to a trail we've never gone to before. It was an extremely hot day so we looked up trails that did have little ponds, just so Wolf wasn't dying of heat!! When we got to the entrance of the trail it literally looked like the desert. No trees, barely any people and just some dried up dirt and dead plants.

Daniel: We might as well just try it. If we don't see any water or trees in 15 minutes we'll turn back around.

Joey: Okay, that sounds reasonable.

Just as we started there was a little fence near the edge of a cliff. We went over to the fence to see what was at the bottom and what do you know, there was a little stream with some ducks in it!

Joey: Wow, my praying must've worked! *laughing*

Daniel: Oh pleasee! *glaring at Joey*

We went further down the trail and we made it to the bottom. It was gorgeous. There was a little waterfall going into one of the ponds. Wolf loved it! At first he didn't want to actually swim out, he just stayed on the submerged rocks. I took his leash off, cause what's he going to do? He can't run away in such a small secluded area! Daniel found a stick and threw it into the water and Wolf chased after it! He jumped right into the water! He finally realized what he was doing! He turned around and went onto the submerged rocks again. We left that pond and walked for about 20 minutes until we found another one. There were a couple ducks in this one further in the pond. Wolf jumped into the water and started swimming after the ducks thinking he could get them. He turned back around giving up on his little hunt and just swam in circles. I really wish he lived the pool as much as he loves ponds and little rivers. We've been at this trail for a while and decided to head back towards my car to go back home. We took the long route and just went for a little drive. Daniel and my hands were together, Wolf was out the window getting the air in his face. It was such a beautiful moment. What a great day spent with my two boys.

*****************************

Thanks for all your support! Please if you any questions, comments or concerns, or if you just want to chat please message me! I'll never not answer! :D remember to comment, favourite, add & share!! Thank a bunch!! =D