Chapter 42: Chef Joey & Daniel

Joey POV

I wasn't the best at cooking, but I wasn't the worst, I could make simply thing easily. Daniel was all about cooking and baking, especially with "healthy" ingredients. He's Italian, of course he likes everything fresh. It was a couple days after the 4th. We both had pretty big hangovers the next day, we didn't do much, just some Netflix and swimming. For some reason I was pretty eager to bake and cook. I'm not a chef. All of my other roommates were the chefs! Now that I have Daniel he can teach me his ways. We were sitting at the island on our laptops.

Joey: Hey.

Daniel: Um hi. What's up?

Joey: Teach me to cook and bake.

Daniel: We don't have any baking ingredients. Our garden should have some vegetables ready to harvest.

Joey: We can go out and get everything we need. This will be fun!

Ahh, he agreed, I'm really happy about that. We went out to get everything. Most of our baking ingredients were gluten-free. We got back home and started. We started with cookies, simple enough.

Joey: Okay boss, what's first?

Daniel: We need to cream the butter and sugars together, with an egg and vanilla.

Joey: Okay, easy enough.

We finished with all the wet ingredients. On to the dry, that included flour, baking soda, cinnamon. My back was facing Daniel and he called me and he lightly slapped me in both cheeks with flour on his hands!

Joey: Pfffff. Daniel! How dare you!

Daniel: Oh come on, you loved it. *blowing more flour into Joeys face*

I grabbed some flour out of the bag and threw it at Daniel. I barely got him.

Daniel: Oh is that all you got?

I grabbed some more and dumped it all over his head. He was covered.

Daniel: Oh that's it!

Daniel took as much flour as he could and threw it at me. I don't think any of it missed me! I floured up my hands.

Joey: Turn around.

Daniel did what I said and I put two flour hand prints on his butt.

Joey: Ohh I like it, you look good with my hands on your bum!

Daniel: *laughing* Stoppp!

We decided we shouldn't waste anymore flour, we finished mixing the cookies and baked them. They turned out pretty good. We still had a bunch of flour on ourselves. We brushed some off, so it wasn't so bad. We headed upstairs to change and shower before we start cooking. I took my shirt and shorts off and went into the bathroom, just a minute after I went in Daniel came in naked. I gave him a dirty look.

Daniel: What? We should save some time no?

Joey: I guess you're right. Come on in. *winking at Daniel*

We finished showering quick. We both put on some athletic shorts and went back downstairs to start cooking our meal.

Joey: So what're we making?

Daniel: It's like a tofu stir fry.

Joey: Ohhh my favourite!!

Daniel: And that's why we're making it!

We started prepping all the vegetables, cutting, slicing and dicing. There were so many bright and pretty colours! Daniel showed me how to make the tofu perfectly! We finished up cooking. It smelled and looked amazing. Now let's see how it tastes. We took a bite at the same time and we both immediately said "mmmm"! It was absolutely delicious. Daniel is a really good chef, and teacher! After we cleaned up and rested a bit we went outside to observe such a beautiful moon and sparkling stars. We were looking up. I heard a splash in the pool, all I saw were bubbles, I looked to the right of me and saw Daniels shorts on the ground, and then Daniel emerged from the water with a huge smile on his face.

Daniel: Turn on the new lights!

I went to go turn the lights on and bam. The whole pool lite up like it was glow in the dark, it was so pretty!

Daniel: Come in!

I jumped into the water and Daniel and I were swimming around eachother underneath the water, having so much fun. We started kissing under the water and never disconnected our lips when we were going back up for air. It was so fun. We went towards the shallow end of the pool and just sat on the stairs, holding hands, looking up to the sky, this moment was magical.

*******************************

I had no idea what to write today!! Sorry if I lacked:( Thanks for your support! Means a lot! Any questions, comments or concerns please please please ask me!! Comment or message them. I will answer anything! Remember to comment, favourite & add!! Thanks a bunch!! =D