Chapter 38: Accident

If you deal with PTSD with car accidents please do not read this!! It's for your own safety:)

********************************

Daniel POV

Montana is awesome! I love staying with Hope and Michael! Best hosts for sure! We all went out for an early morning hike. I left my phone at their place. When we got back I went to go check my phone. I had an extreme amount of miss-calls. They were all from Joey. What could be so important to call me this many times? There was only one voice mail. I opened it.

X: Hi. My name is Mitchell Anderson. I work for the LAPD. Your friend Joey has been hospitalized. We have you as Joeys emergency contact. If you could please come down to Los Angeles hospital to sign some papers and be with him. Thanks.

Right when I heard "hospitalized" I immediately broke down. I shoved my face into a few pillows. I was screaming and crying. I was so emotional from this. I went downstairs crying to Hope that I needed to leave few days early.

Hope: Oh my gosh. Daniel what's wrong hunny? *putting her hands on Daniels shoulders*

Daniels: J-J-Joey. He's in the hospital. I I I don't know what happened. I need to leave.

Hope: *giving Daniel a big hug* Ok ok, we'll get your things all packed up and we can take you to the airport.

I didn't want Joey to be alone. I texted Cat and Meghan to be there for him. I asked Nicole to go too, but she wasn't able to due to her past surgery. Cat and Meghan both got there. As long as he wasn't alone. Hope drove me to the airport fast. I was on a connecting flight. I landed in Oregon. I went right back into the air and got home to L.A. I decided to go to the house fast. To put Wolf out, drop off all my things, and get a car. I figured it wasn't a car accident because both mine and Joeys car were at home. I drove to the hospital. I kept getting closer and closer. I started crying a bit. I finally made it to the hospital. I wiped up my tears, went in and asked for Joey Graceffa. The front desk pointed in Joeys direction. I turned down his hallway and saw both Meghan and Cat sitting outside of his room. I ran over to them, hugging them as tight as I can.

Daniel: Can I go in?

Cat: Ya, we were just waiting out here for you to get here.

Daniel: Have you guys been in there? Have you seen him?

Meghan: Yes of course, don't worry.

We all went in. I went in first. I saw him. He he he looked beaten up, bruises and cuts all over, bandages everywhere, he even had one around his head. I ran over to his right side, where the chair was, grabbed his bruised up hand and held it tight. I started crying immediately. Putting my forehead down on his forearm. I felt Cat's and Meghan's hands on my back. I saw a cast on his left hand. Oh no. I didn't see anymore which was great. We all stayed in there for a long time. I never let go of Joeys hand once. A nurse finally came in to check on him. I asked what had happened.

Daniel: Hey, uh, nurse Sydney, what happened to him?

I started to tear up, holding back the tears.

Nurse: Well. Joey was in an accident. He was hit by a car. He seemed to be working out from what he was wearing. He has a fractured wrist, nothing too serious. No internal bleeding, and he is alive and well. No brain disorders, or bleeding in his brain, everything is good up there. He has a lot of bruises and cuts. He is very lucky. Someone is looking over his shoulder. Most accidents like this they go into a coma or die straight away. Joey is a lucky one.

I started crying happy tears. I hugged the Nurse thanking her for taking care of him. All three of us stayed there all night. I cuddled on the bed with Joey, Meghan and Cat slept on the chairs that were in there. The three of us woke up around 7am. Joey was still out. He hasn't been awake since he got hit.

Daniel: Don't leave me like this Joey. *holding Joeys hand*

Joey POV

Flashing lights. Loud sirens. I remember. Cold cement on my face. Warm blood dripping on the ground. I felt someone's hands on me, and another and another. I saw a mans face. Very blurry. He was screaming something at me. What was he saying? Then everything went black again. I could barely open my eyes. I felt someones hand interlock with my hand. I tried squeezing it. I had no power or energy. I moved my fingers slightly.

Daniel: Joey. Hey. Joey are you up?

I tried for the life of me to open my eyes. And move my mouth. I opened my eyes enough to see who was holding my hand.

Joey: D-D-Daniel?

Daniel: Ya, hi Joey, it's me Daniel. *crying endlessly*

Joey: Wh-What happened?

Daniel: You uh you were hit by a car.

I got more and more strength to fully open my eyes and move my mouth properly. I started crying. I saw Daniel turn around to behind him and he said something to someone.

Daniel: Go get the nurse.

I saw Cat. Beautiful Cat.

Joey: Ca-Cat?

Cat: Hey buddy. I'll be right back okay? *tearing up*

Daniel POV

Cat and Sydney came back. Joey kept his eyes open since he opened them. I got out of the way so Sydney could do some tests on him. To make sure he had proper brain activity. She explained to Joey what had happened. She left after explaining. Joey had been really active during the day. He's been talking to me, and Cat and Meghan all day. I was so incredibly thankful that Joey didn't not suffer anything else he has.

Daniel: You know you're the luckiest man in the world right?

Joey: Ya because I have you right?

Daniel: *laughing and tearing up* No because you're here. You're alive and nothing major has happened to you. Joey Graceffa there is an angel on your shoulder.

*****************************

WOW! Longest chapter ever. This was my all time favourite chapter to write. I cried writing a few parts! Let me know if you liked this chapter, and if it made you cry or tear up or choke up!!! Thanks for your support! Means a lot! Any questions, comments or concerns please please please ask me!! Comment or message them. I will answer anything! Remember to comment, favourite & add!! Thanks a bunch!! =D