Chapter 40: Welcome Home

Daniel POV

Today Joey was getting out! Everything was going as planned. It was around lunch time that Joey could leave. Meghan and David were at the house getting everything all set up. Cat decided that she would stay back at the house and wait for everyone to come, instead of come to dinner with us. Joey and I took a scenic route. It was really nice to drive with no traffic and no cars in sight.

Daniel: Oh hey, I forgot to tell you Cat can't make dinner tonight. She's going back home for a few days.

Joey: Aw that's too bad. I really wanted to see her again!

By the time Joey and I got back to the main streets it was 4pm. We called David up to tell them we're on our way to the restaurant. Oddly enough we got there around the same time. By the time we finished eating and talking it was 7:30pm perfect timing!! Meghan and David needed to get to the house first so I purposely got us lost.

Joey: Hey, what're you doing? You just missed the turn?

Daniel: Oh shit, my bad!

I got a text from Meghan saying "ok" which meant they were home and we could come.

Joey: Can we go out tonight? I have like so much energy!

David POV

We heard Daniel slam the car door and walk up to the door trying to unlock it.

David: Okay! Everyone down!! Lights off!

Cat turned the lights off then ran back towards everyone else.

Joey POV

Daniel was acting weird. We walked inside and he directed me towards the kitchen. Just before I could make it in.

Daniel: Wait!

Daniel came running over and gave me a long kiss. He turned the living room lights on. Looked to the couch, I did too and...

Everyone: Surprise!!!! Welcome home Joey!!

Oh my goodness. I was so scared, but so incredibly happy. I started crying a little bit. There was a big banner on the wall that said "Welcome Home". Everyone was at my house! My family was even here! Meghan, Cat, David, Connor, Tyler, Colleen, Lily, Grace, Hannah, Mamrie, Kingsley, Shane, Lisa, Zoe, Louise, Alfie, Marcus, Louis, Jim, Tanya, Hannah, Mariah, Britney, Ricky, Kalel and so many more!!

Joey: Um wow, this is incredible.

Daniel: All for you Joey! Some people couldn't make it, so this isn't everyone!

Joey: Still! You guys are awesome!!

Everyone went back to mingling and drinking, playing games, chilling outside. I wanted to talk to everyone there.

Cat: Hey Joey, welcome home. *hugging Joey*

Joey: What I thought you were going back to Georgia!

Cat: That was just a lie, someone needed to be here with all these people!!

Joey: Soy smart!

Cat left to go talk with Daniel. All of my Brits came up to talk to me.

Zoe: Joey!! You alright?

Joey: Aw Zoe, I missed you. *hugging Joey*

Alfie: Hey Mate, long time no see!

Joey: Hey Alfie! How's it going! *hugging*

Alfie: It's great. How are you? Everything went down so quickly!

Marcus: Ya it's a real tragedy! Don't let it happen again alright?

Joey: Alright!!

Louise: Aw my little butterfly, your darling of a boyfriend got this all together, he's a keeper! And he's hot!

Everyone started histerically laughing.

Joey: Ya I like to think so! Hey! Daniel come over here to meet the Brits!

Daniel came around with this pretty high tech camera.

Joey: Are you like documenting this? What a good idea!

Daniel: Ya, you were making one of you in the hospital, why not make one showing everyones gratitude towards you.

Joey: Aw thank you so much. *kissing his cheek* anyways! I would like you to formally meet Zoe, Louise, Alfie, Marcus and Niomi!

Daniel: Hi, it's nice to finally meet you all.

Louise: May I just say you are spectacular for doing this! My mind was blown when I got a call!

Joey: He really is great isn't he?

Zoe: Yes he is!

We all split up, I talked to Tyler, Connor, Ricky, Korey, Troye and Caspar. I was so tired at this point! I tried to say hi to everyone there! I'm pretty sure I did it before 9:30pm! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing! I can't believe Daniel did this for me. He could have just invited some friends over, he went above and beyond!

Daniel POV

Joey was loving this! I got so many good shots tonight! I wanted to get this up really fast I was so proud of it! Everyone started to head out around 12am. Some people stayed till 1am. And some stayed on the couch and guest room. Meghan stayed in David's room with him, Hannah and Mariah got the guest room and poor Cat got the couch! We all decided to go to bed at 2:30am. It was just Joey and me, laying beside eachother, smiling and looking into eachother eyes.

Daniel: So? Did you have fun?

Joey: It was awesome, you're awesome!

Daniel: Thank you, I love you. *kissing Joey*

Joey passed out right away. I stared up at the ceiling thinking that it was such an awesome night. I eventually fell asleep, cuddled next to Joey.

*********************************

Not as good as I wanted it to be! But it's okay! And holy moly! 7.2k!! That's crazy! Thanks for your support! Means a lot! Any questions, comments or concerns please please please ask me!! Comment or message them. I will answer anything! Remember to comment, favourite & add!! Thanks a bunch!! =D