Chapter 56: 999

Joey POV

After a long trip and a fun little evening last night we were ready to explore some more! We both love to hike and workout, I thought that the first thing we could do would be Palamidi. It is a huge mountain that you climb by stairs. How many stairs you may ask? Nine hundred and ninety nine stairs to get to the top. I was excited to being Daniel to it. I think he'll like it very much. We woke up pretty late that morning from the jet lag. Around 11:30am. We quickly ordered some breakfast and got ready so we didn't catch the mid-day heat! I never told Daniel where or what we were doing. Once we pulled up to it he was so amazed.

Daniel: Oh my gosh Joey! That's freaking huge!

Joey: Ya and we are going to climb it!

Daniel: Are you serious?

Joey: Yes! And we better start now so we don't get too hot from the extreme heat!

Daniel: Okay, let's do it! I hope you brought snacks and a lot of water.

Joey: You know I always come prepared! *showing everything he brought in a backpack*

Daniel: Let's go!

I took out my camera and vlogged from the bottom up. Showing how crazy it was. It looked even more steep on camera! I turned my camera off and we started to climb. When we got there the weather was only 24C (75F), but the weather increased a lot from the time we got there to when we started! It was around 31C (88F)! The sun was so hot, it wasn't dry out so that made it a little better. I took my shirt off about 50 steps in. The sun was beating down on us like crazy! We took a small break around 100 steps. Had something to eat and drank some water.

Joey: So? How are you liking this?

Daniel: Well, this view is spectacular!

Joey: I know, imagine it all the way from the top!

Daniel: Ya, the blue ocean and gorgeous ruins!

Daniel followed and took his shirt off, we were both pretty pale looking, the sun today hopefully will change something about that. Hopefully no burns though! We were going pretty strong, we kept just chatting back and forth, stopping here and there to take some pictures. I checked the weather once we were around a quarter ways up. It was 1:30pm and 35C (95F)! Wow, I can't believe we're still going so strong in this heat! Three quarters left! I checked if it will get any hotter and the high is 40C (104F)! We better hurry before it gets to that!

Joey: What do you want to do after? Just hang out? Go to the beach?

Daniel: Beach for sure, I need to go for dip!

We were half way up. The view was great! Though we could only see one side of the mountain. It was still beautiful! We kept trekking on, one step at a time, continuously drinking water, to stay hydrated. There weren't a lot of people there. They're the smart ones for not going on a super hot, middle of the day! We were so sweaty! We kept pouring water on our heads to keep us cool. We had only a quarter left. I was so eager to get there. I started skipping every other step, then I eventually began to run. I probably only ran for barely 10 steps. I was so tired and hot. We could pretty much see the top. We took it nice and easy for the last couple hundred steps. We got closer and closer and eventually we made it. About 10 steps till the surface of the top. We ran those steps, hoping we wouldn't pass out. We made it. I took water out right away, I needed that water so bad. I turned to see the view. Words can't describe how gorgeous it was. The water looked so majestic, the mountains were so big, and spewing with gorgeous green grass and shrubs.

Joey: Oh my God. This was so worth it! This is incredible!

Daniel: I know, it's insane. Gotta get them pictures!

We took a bunch of pictures and we stayed up there for a bit and then went down. We stopped at the hotel to get some things before going to the beach. When we made it to the beach there were minimal people there. Perfect! We put our stuff down and ran right into the water. It was so refreshing to be in the water on such a hot day. Daniel and I played a bit in the ocean and we got out and just relaxed on the sand. This day was so great!

Joey: So how was your day? Scale of one to ten?

Daniel: It was perfect! Thank you. *kissing Joey*

Joey: I hope you like tomorrow as much as today!

Daniel: I know I will!

We went in the water one last time and went back to the hotel, ate something quickly and passed out so fast!

*********************************

Woo, Greece day 2! Thanks for your support! Means a lot! Any questions, comments or concerns please please please ask me!! Comment or message them. I will answer anything! Remember to comment, favourite & add!! Thanks a bunch!! =D