Chapter 41: Fourth of July

Daniel POV

Ahhh today was the 4th of July! Celebrating independence of our country! Joey and I were having a barbecue with some of our closest friends! I woke up around 9am to start our breakfast. Joey, like always, was sleeping. I decided to make pancakes. We had some strawberries and blueberries, I made a great use of those too! I topped the pancakes off with an American flag with the fruit. It looked actually really cute! I went upstairs to go wake Joey up. I crawled into the bed. I kissed his temple.

Daniel: Hey sweet cheeks. I made some breakfast. Want to come down?

Joey: Mmm good morning, that sounds lovely! Oh and Happy 4th!

Daniel: Happy 4th! Today is going to be awesome!

We went down stairs to eat our breakfast and talk about today, what we need to get.

Joey: Okay, so definitely booze!

Daniel: Yes, obviously.

Joey: Umm we should get some meat for the actual barbecue no?

Daniel: Ya no crap! *winking at Joey*

Joey: Hmm. Fireworks!! Yaas! We can do them in the front! Maybe we could get some stuff for the pool?

Daniel: Ohh ya! I think I'm going to have more fun shopping rather than tonight!

Joey: Oh trust me you'll have fun tonight!

We finished all our shopping by 3:30pm! We were making great time!! I put the pool heater on this morning so it's wouldn't be too cold tonight! The only thing I would probably eat tonight would be burgers, so I didn't buy frozen ones, we got ground beef. I was making the burgers, I fried one up before just to see if they were okay, ohh they were amazing!! We took a small 20 minute nap before everyone started showing up. The first one to arrive was, yes, of course Cat and her boyfriend. Followed by Meghan, Kalel, Shane & Lisa and Hope & Michael. After a while some people started to trickle in. I started barbecuing some food, burgers, hot-dogs & sausages. Joey didn't have to wear his cast on his arm anymore which was great, but he did need a brace! But he could get it wet so it was perfect!! Mostly everyone stayed outside, some were inside. I saw Joey vlogging in front of me and I just started working it, tongs in my hand, shirt off, jamming to the music. Joey turned around and faced the camera at me.

Joey: Excuse me? What are you doing?

Daniel: As always doing something that you'll take credit for! *devishly grinning into the camera*

Joey: Okay, you're done!

Joey turned the camera off and came by me.

Joey: This is great isn't it. We're like the best hosts and party planners ever!

Daniel: Ya I know! And we're super humble!

Joey started laughing real hard at that sarcasm! He kissed my cheek and then walked away. Everything was finished barbecuing and most people were eating. The sun was starting to set. It was such a gorgeous and hot day out! People started getting out of the pool and jacuzzi. It got darker. Joey & I went out to the front to set up the fireworks. Once the sun was completely gone everyone came out and we lit those fireworks!! They were gorgeous!

Joey: Happy 4th everyone!!

Everyone: Happy 4th!!

We had about an hour worth of fireworks. They were all so different!! The finale was the American flag!! Joey didn't even know I had it. We were all cuddled up with eachother. I had Joey on the one side of me and Kalel on the other.

Joey: Wow! Daniel, this is beautiful!

We all went back inside and partied pretty hard!! Lots of drinks were made! No one left that night, everyone stayed over, which was completely fine with us! This has been the best 4th in a long time!!

********************************

Hi! I don't know what Americans do today, because I'm Canadian soooo, I hope this was okay!! Thanks for your support! Means a lot! Any questions, comments or concerns please please please ask me!! Comment or message them. I will answer anything! Remember to comment, favourite & add!! Thanks a bunch!! =D