51: A Story For A Story

It turns out that the man Daryl and Aaron brought back knows Dad from the very beginning of this massive shitstorm of a world. His name is Morgan, and he has been searching for Dad since a little before the prison was destroyed. 

Dad, Daryl, and Morgan went somewhere to go talk, so I was walking home alone. I didn't mind. Being alone after everything that just happened, is fine. It'll give me a moment to process everything.

As I was walking home, I saw two people limping towards the infirmary. I honestly would have left them alone but then I noticed who it was. It was Glenn and Nicholas. I don't give two shits about Nicholas, but what happened to Glenn?

I ran into the infirmary behind them. "Glenn?" My voice was filled with worry as Rosita and Beth ran to aid the two men who just stumbled in. Glenn threw Nicholas onto a hospital bed. I turned my best friend around so he was looking at me. "What happened? Are you okay, Bubbles?"

"I'm okay.." He said tiredly, but then he looked behind me and his eyes widened. I turned around to see what has him so shocked and smiled when I saw it. Tara is awake. She is finally awake. 

"You guys all look like shit." She told us.

"She's fine." Rosita let us know. "She's fine she's okay."

I lightly laughed as I approached her. "It's good to have you back, Ponytails."

"Tara?" Maggie rushed into the infirmary.

"I'm okay." Tara nodded. "Just check on them.." She then pointed to Glenn and Nicholas.

That's right.. I almost forgot about Glenn's condition with my excitement about Tara waking up.

I rushed back over to Glenn's side along with Maggie. "What happened?" His wife asked him. I was standing there silently while scanning his body with my eyes looking for injuries.

"We were out there.." Glenn started. "The walkers... We're alright."

"Wow, that's one hell of an explanation...." I stated sarcastically. 

Maggie then pulled up the corner of Glenn's shirt and we noticed a bullet wound. Glenn was quick to try explaining what happened. "Got winged by a ricochet." He told Maggie and I. Neither of us believed him, so we both turned to look at Nicholas. "Hey." Glenn grabbed our attention again. "It's alright.." Maggie accepted that answer, but I didn't. I walked slowly over to Nicholas, who looked absolutely terrified. Good. "Nora.." Glenn warned me, but I didn't give one singular fuck.

I then started whispering to the man who I know could have killed my Korean brother tonight. "Stay away from my brother. You don't look at him. You don't speak to him. I'm not afraid to put down another asshole tonight." I glared at him while tilting my head and producing a menacing smile. "Do you understand me?" He nodded. "Uh-uh. Verbal confirmation, Asswipe."

"Y-yes.." He stuttered. "Yes, I understand."

"Good." I removed my serial killer smile and faced Glenn who was now glaring at me. "Your problem has been handled, Glenny."

"Holy shit.." Eugene came storming into the infirmary, and was just as shocked as us to see that Tara is alive and awake. He rushed to her side and stared at her. 

"Thank God.." Tara started while staring back at Eugene. "Nothing happened to your hair."

I snorted. "Oh..." I walked over to Tara's other side again. "You have no idea how much I missed you and that humour of yours."

She smiled at me before turning back to Eugene, who was staring at her with the world's biggest smile. I honestly don't think I've ever seen him smile. "Okay, Eugene is freaking me out. Somebody want to send Noah in here to protect me?"