112: Declaration of Allyship

Nora's POV:

When we finally got to the Kingdom the first thing we saw when the gates opened was Kelly running straight towards us to hug Connie. The rest of us got out of the caravan and watched the emotional reunification of the two sisters. 

Henry was the next one to start running into someone's arms. He ran directly to Gwendolyn and King-Step-Dad, who ended up embracing the boy but then scolding him for running off. Gwendolyn was crying as she pulled away from him, but they were happy tears in just knowing that her son is alive and safe.

I was about to walk up to them as well, but the twins beat me to it. Avalon was running on her wounded leg and ran directly into the arms of King-Step-Dad. "King Grandpa!!" She yelled as he scooped her up into his arms.

"Ave," I groaned. "You shouldn't be running. You don't need to tear your stitches."

"Well, hello, Princess Avalon." He smiled at her, before Gwendolyn finally let go of Henry to look at her Granddaughter. I watched Gwendolyn walk over to Avalon and kiss her on the cheek before King-Step-Dad replied to my comment. "Did you say stitches?"

"I was stabbed!" Avalon yelled almost excitedly, making everyone gasp in shock and horror about her reaction. "Why is everyone lookin' at me like that?"

"Maybe 'cause you seem happy that you were stabbed?" Theo scoffed at his twin sister. "It's not something to brag about."

"I survived." Avalon argued. "Now, that is something to brag about. Plus I'm a badass just like Momma and Daddy now. You'll be one to if you ever get stabbed or shot-"

"Okay!" I broke up that conversation real quick. "Let's not be giving him any ideas, Avalon. It was hard enough dealing with you being stabbed."

"I'm sorry, but how exactly did my granddaughter get stabbed?" Gwendolyn asked me in a worried tone.

"We, um.. We should gather all the leaders of our communities. We have a lot to talk about."

Gwendolyn nodded and hugged me to welcome me before we heard another voice. "The plan was to bring Henry. Just Henry."

I looked over to my right to see Tara standing there with her arms crossed and glaring at something behind me. I turned to see what she was glaring at and groaned when I realized she was talking about Lydia.

"Listen here, Ponytails." I shook my head at my friend. "That girl is with me now. You have a problem with her, you have a problem with me. And I think you know that having a problem with me, isn't something you want."

"Yeah, you tell her Momma!!" Avalon cheered before sticking her tongue out at Tara and blowing raspberries as King-Step-Dad finally put her down.

"Oh, real mature, Aviator." Tara playfully rolled her eyes at my daughter before walking up to her and tickling her.

"Stop it, Aunty Tara! Stop it!" 

"Hmmmm. I don't know." Tara ginned widely while continuing to assault my daughter's sides with her fingertips. 

"Pleeeaase!!" Avalon begged while giggling loudly.

"Okay, well if you insist." Tara laughed before she let go of my daughter. But when Tara let go of Avalon, I watched my daughter give Tara her biggest shit-eating grin before starting to attack Tara's sides with her own fingers, causing Tara to start laughing. "Oh, you little shit! Come here!" Tara then grabbed Avalon by her waist and picked her up to throw her over her shoulder. 

"No fair!" Avalon yelled as she started punching Tara's back. "Put me down!"

"No way!" Tara laughed before walking away from all of us with my daughter handing over her shoulder. I watched from a distance as Avalon finally gave up her fight, and Tara put her down so that they could get caramel apples together.