Chapter 231-240

Chapter 231 Investigation and Interrogation

Mr. Chu moved very quickly. Chu Yijun happened to be beside Ling Ling, so he asked Chu Yijun to take a piece of Ling Ling's hair.

As for Ling Feng's, it's easy to get.

Two pieces of hair were sent for a paternity test. Mr. Chu said that the hospital was doing it as quickly as possible and would simplify some procedures. It would be available in the afternoon and would not affect the results of the test report.

At this time, Mr. Chu and Chu Yijun, who had escaped from the program group, were visiting Meng Moyan who was imprisoned.

They brought Gu Beizhou with them.

The three of them arrived at the detention center and met Meng Moyan who was being held in custody.

Seeing Gu Beizhou appear with the Chu family, Meng Moyan's eyes turned cold as he described himself as embarrassed.

Gu Beizhou took a step forward and talked to Meng Moyan.

"Mr. Meng, I'm here today because I have a few things to ask you."

Meng Moyan sneered, "You ask? Do you think I can answer?"

He already knew from his lawyer that according to his crime, he would be sentenced to a maximum of a few years in prison, and he could also seek probation and a reduced sentence. He might not even have to go to jail, but he would just have to leave a stain, which was not a big deal.

He has money and connections outside, so he has no worries about making a comeback.

Gu Beizhou saw Meng Moyan's thoughts and smiled sarcastically, "Are you thinking that the things you have committed are not big, so what are you afraid of?"

"Then let me tell you, you are wrong. You deliberately murdered a national researcher. Your crime is serious. Even if I react and suspect you of collaborating with the enemy and treason, it will not be a problem."

Meng Moyan frowned, "What national researcher? When did I..."

Meng Moyan's voice stopped suddenly and he stared at Gu Beizhou with a scary look in his eyes, "You?"

Gu Beizhou nodded calmly, "Why else do you think I will be fine? There is no so-called antidote for your medicine. You should know it yourself."

Meng Moyan's hands shook and he refused to admit it, "What medicine? What are you talking about? I don't understand!"

The biggest reason why he was so confident was that neither the police nor Gu Beizhou had precise evidence. He had found someone to give Gu Beizhou illegal drugs.

And he clearly has no source of those illegal drugs!

Therefore, he is confident that he will be able to get a reprieve.

Gu Beizhou chuckled lightly, "That's not why I'm here today. The police are involved in investigating the case. I'm here to ask you if you know Ling Ling's identity."

There was no flaw on Meng Moyan's face, "What kind of identity can Ling'er have?"

Gu Beizhou was talking to himself and nodded, "It seems you know that Ling Ling is Ling Feng's daughter."

Meng Moyan's eyes suddenly shrank and soon lowered again, but even such a brief change did not escape the eyes of the three people who had been staring at him.

"You really know!" Gu Beizhou became serious.

Meng Moyan said stubbornly, "I don't know what you are talking about!"