Chapter 301-310

Chapter 301 The Price of Growth

On October 27, 5267 in the imperial calendar, it took the federal army half a month to finally defeat the Zerg outside Baigui Star, and the live broadcast was shut down.

But the situation broadcast live affects the entire empire.

No matter how troubled the people were, the imperial nobles were troubled because the director of the Imperial Academy came to their door.

Hearing that he wanted the empire to send troops to arrest Dou Ke, the nobles looked at Dean Xi as if he was an idiot.

The exchange ended unhappily. Even if Dean Xi came up with a semi-finished gene repair potion, no nobleman was willing to wade into troubled waters.

Dean Xi took Xi Weicai and left angrily, not seeing the greed in the eyes of the nobles behind him.

Gu Beizhou and the others have no way of knowing the situation of the empire for the time being.

After the battle, he and Dou Ke left the empire with four ships of Bai Guixing survivors, leaving an empty Bai Guixing for the Zerg and the empire.

Seven spaceships, and three unmanned.

Twenty-six battleships, one battleship can be emptied by the people who died on the battlefield.

When he came, Dou Ke was still worried about not being able to pretend.

Reality gave Dou Ke a heavy blow.

Even though Gu Beizhou and Dou Ke led their troops to fight against the Zerg, a large number of Zerg still entered Bai Guixing, killing many people in Bai Guixing.

It was also at this time that they became truly afraid. There was no need for Dou Ke to catch them, and they all found a way to enter the spaceship and seek shelter.

Ridiculous and sad.

But Gu Beizhou and the others paid a man from a warship for this!

On the main ship, Dou Ke ordered the captain to gather everyone on the ship in the assembly hall, video-connected 25 warships, and apologized to those who supported him and Gu Beizhou.

"...I thought that if the Zerg came and took away the people of the empire earlier, the casualties would be reduced..."

"...I'm very sorry. It was my wrong decision that led to the sacrifice of so many of our comrades..."

"...Please rest assured that such a thing will never happen again. Compared with the people of the empire, you who have been following us are the ones we should really pay attention to!"

Dou Ke bowed ninety degrees, shamelessly facing everyone.

Gu Beizhou looked on, feeling proud and sighing slightly.

He stepped forward, walked into the online video, and appeared in the eyes of everyone on the warship.

Having just experienced a half-month-long battle, Gu Beizhou is still very stable, his eyes are calm, and he is everyone's anchor.

"Everyone present, whether you are a soldier of the Imperial Legion or a mercenary on the battlefield in the edge star field, you have all fought for the human race and the empire. You are the defense line of the empire and the backbone of the human race..."

"You always have a sense of responsibility for the human race and the empire!"

"Same goes for Dou Ke."

Hearing this, Dou Ke straightened up and looked at the man guarding him.

His back was always so upright, his voice was always so calm, and his expression was always so firm. He was the most indestructible backing for everyone.