Chapter 7

Late in the evening, Miyu sat doing her homework while her fashion magazine lay right next to her. As soon as she had poured her heart out and calmed down, she was able to talk to Akiteru and her mother about it in peace. She talked about the students who blasphemed about her. She talked about how Koji had called her a troll and an orc. Told how a boy had laughed at the bus stop. Everything that had happened to her since middle school.

Miyu also talked about how some insults were carved on her desk. Her locker was smeared with what looked more like a face that was supposed to represent her own. Shimizu wanted to help her, but Miyu had immediately refused. The black-haired girl should feel good in middle school. To have friends and not be insulted. Shimizu had only reluctantly accepted.

The dinner went rather quietly. Her father and Kei had talked about many things. Kei talked about Yamaguchi, who had almost been beaten up. From the sound of it, this boy didn't have it easy either.

Actually, this conversation was pretty normal. Only three people here had different thoughts on the subject. Worries that they shared, but no one else was supposed to know.

Miyu, who had finished her homework, exhaled softly and pulled the magazine towards her. Just the first page of the opening was enough for her to compare herself with all the other girls and women. Slender figures, a narrow face, large eyes which were above a small snub nose. Full to medium lips in a delicate shade of pink. And make-up that made everything stand out even more.

"Hm...an eight out of ten..." Miyu mumbled as she started some comparisons. Even with her face, she had started to give each girl a grade from one to ten. Actually, all faces were above a six. Her own she would label as a one or maybe a two.

Her fingers rested on her lip, which Miyu also wanted to have changed. They weren't narrow, but they could be touched up. The left and right halves were not the same at all. Just like her whole body was.

Her left eye was slightly larger than her right, which could also be seen from the shape of her eyebrows. Her hands and feet were not the same either.

Many people always said that the body halves were siblings and not twins. That it was normal that everything didn't look the same. But it was precisely this sameness that gave Miyu cause for concern. All the girls were perfect in her eyes. No one hid their flaws. What was the point? The boys loved cute and beautiful girls.

Some boys liked slightly chubby faces. In many cases, they also had a snub nose. And Miyu simply didn't have one of those. Her nose wasn't very big, but she had a small mound on the bridge of her nose that she wanted to get rid of.

What stood in her way, however, was her father and Kei, who were certainly not on her side. On top of that, she had to get the money from somewhere to pay for everything. Would her mother even be able to grant her wish?