Chapter 54

"I heard that you're not coming to the high school tournament." Iwaizumi said, causing Miyi to flinch and look around. "Oikawa isn't here." he added immediately, causing Miyu to exhale in relief and feel caught out.

"You're not avoiding him because of his father, are you?" the dark-haired man, who found her behavior strange, wanted to know. "Mh..." Miyu bit her lip slightly and didn't want to agree with him. She didn't want to avoid Oikawa, after all, they were together.

"I know volleyball isn't a big interest. But you could at least come to an important game." Iwaizumi reprimanded the girl, who was now feeling kind of bad. "It...isn't about that..." Miyu murmured softly, playing lightly with her pink hair.

"It...is the best opportunity to not stand out..." she said, causing Iwaizumi to raise her eyebrow questioningly. "Opportunity for what?"

A low humming sound could be heard from Tsukishima, who leaned slightly against her locker and looked at the floor. Several students walked past them, which was why Miyu had remained silent.

"So it's something that others can't hear." the boy stated, which was why Miyu had nodded and waited until no one else was here. "It's about his gift..." Miyu finally admitted, which surprised Iwaizumi a little.

"You're avoiding him because of a present, so to speak?" he asked incredulously, shaking his head slightly. "No..well..not just..." This only made Miyu feel even shittier. But to clear everything up, she had to trust Iwaizumi now. With him, she wouldn't have to worry about it coming out.

"If you're not here, I can take care of his present. I want to give him a scented candle and a perfume that I made myself and customized for him." Miyu explained, which made Iwaizumi smile. So that's where the wind came from. She wanted to create Oikawa's own fragrance.

"And you can't do that before and after this match?" he asked.

"No..because I know that Oikawa is watching me from a distance and it's noticeable otherwise." Miyu had never mentioned it, but Oikawa was sometimes really conspicuous.

Iwaizumi laughed softly. That idiot had really stood out. Even when Miyu was engrossed in her work. "Even when I'm at the cafe..." the girl whined softly, smarter than she thought.

"All right, then. I'll help you finish the present and not fall open." Iwaizumi smiled and leaned down a little towards her. "Is there any scent yet?"

Shaking her head, Miyu answered his question in the negative. "No...but...his mother had a few ideas. After all, she knows her way around a bit better." Miyu admitted and hoped that she would get something ready in time.

"I see. Then I won't keep you any longer. I'm sure he'll be very happy to receive a gift he made himself." "I hope so..." hoped Miyu, who really wanted to make every effort.