Chapter 67

"You missed something." Tooru grinned as he walked into the cafe where Miyu had been working the late shift. "Huh?" "Nah, at the volleyball game, you silly girl." he said and was immediately slapped by Iwaizumi. "You didn't even tell her you were going!"

Tooru held his head, moaning. Yes, Iwaizumi was right. "That's all right. I couldn't go with you." Miyu, who had automatically made tea for both of them, waved it off. Somehow it became a habit when they came here.

"Yeah...you still had that stupid exam..." Tooru grumbled. "Did it at least go well?" asked Iwaizumi directly, before his best friend could get any further into this phase.

"Mh, I think so...", Miyu pondered slightly. "By the way, your friend here tried to disguise himself so that he wouldn't stand out in the hall." Iwaizumi grinned. "Iwa-chaaan!"

Tooru was even wearing his glasses today, which he only wore when he was studying. Miyu remembered the group work they had been given. Back then, she would never have thought that the relationship would last until the end. How embarrassing the moment had been when she had admitted that they were a couple.

"Like what? You're very conspicuous with that." the boy said bluntly. Sometimes Iwaizumi was really mean. Before Miyu could say anything, Tooru slammed his hands down on the shelf and leaned forward.

"Miyu! He called me an idiotkawa and an ass!" he squealed, acting more than just childish today. "You said you'd rather be an ass..." Iwaizumi defended himself, which is why Miyu didn't interfere.

"Your tea." she just said and pushed the cups towards them. "It's on me today, because this is my last late shift."

"How...the last late shift?" asked Tooru. "Yes, the boss said that I've been here late a lot in the last few years. It's the last few days of school, which will certainly be exhausting. And that's why she gave me fewer shifts for the last few days here." Miyu explained. She would actually have her last day right after report cards.

"I see." Tooru grinned and tried to save everything. Maybe this would give him the opportunity to go on a date with her. At least he wanted to celebrate graduation with her, which could be difficult because of his father.

"Oh, my mom said she'd like a new scented candle. I told her that you even have a scent that she'll love." said the boy. "She told me too. She probably wrote to you because I haven't had time to reply yet. But I'll send her a new one." Miyu promised.

His mother had already become a regular customer, which made Miyu happy. Her lifesaver knew a lot about the subject and always gave her tips and suggestions that she could put into practice. And she preferred an honest opinion to being lied to and producing something bad.