Chapter 24

The evening was more or less over. At least for Miyu, who had gotten up. Another boy got up, who Miyu knew was a friend of Reisuke. He didn't like the fact that Miyu was leaving with him at the same time. However, he had asked Miyu if they could talk alone for a moment.

Since Miyu didn't have much to talk about anyway, she left the bar and accompanied the white-haired man for a while. Out of pure instinct, something was on his mind, which was why she wanted to help him somehow.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Miyu asked him when he had stopped at an alleyway. Slightly nervous, the boy fidgeted a little and scratched the back of his head.

"So...I heard that you...like me and are interested in me..." he confessed, which was totally new to Miyu. "Huh?"

"At school. You always looked at me and smiled every now and then. Kaede, for example, said...that you probably liked me..." the third grader spoke, which was confusing. When had she smiled at him?

Actually, Miyu only saw him when Reisuke was around. Had he misinterpreted something? Had she given him false hope? But why should Kaede interfere? Why should she tell him what feelings Miyu might have?

"Ehm..so..you've got it wrong. I...have no interest in you..." Miyu spoke out and looked into a changed face. "What?" the boy asked back, looking angry.

"I...never said...nor thought that I liked you...", Miyu said and tried to look him in the eye anyway. "You're turning me down?" the boy asked, causing Miyu to nod cautiously.

A short laugh could be heard as the boy shook his head. "First you start getting my hopes up by looking at me like that every day. And then you turn me down?!" he asked angrily, starting to change.

"Are you doing this for fun?! I'm one of the most popular third graders and you come on to me like that!? Showing feelings to a boy and then hurting him?! What are you like!"

Strange feelings came up in Miyu. She had only told him the truth. Why was he so angry now? It wasn't her fault that Kaede had been deceptive.

 "But why am I even asking myself that?! I should have known that someone like you only plays with other feelings! There are better and more beautiful girls than you! You've just had surgery and feel better than others! I'm sure you've had other guys like that and left them on the left." the boy continued, which hurt Miyu more and more. How could he talk about her like that? He didn't even know her.

"I don't believe it..." breathed the white-haired boy who had looked into her eyes. "You're a bitch..." he said, which made Miyu freeze for a moment as she had to process his words.

When she realized what he had called her, Miyu couldn't help herself and slapped him. Tears gathered in her eyes as the boy held his cheek. "Don't ever call me that again!" hissed Miyu, who had simply run away.

From then on, she couldn't hold back the tears she had wiped away on the way home.