Chapter 26

"I thought I'd find you here." said Oikawa, who had been following Miyu, who had retreated to the chemistry club to work. Miyu paid attention to the boy with a silent look before she concentrated on the scents again. "Are you done with that now?"

"Huh?" came the counter question to his, since Miyu didn't know exactly what he was getting at. "I mean this Koji. Are you done with it now?" Oikawa repeated the question and leaned against another table. "Actually, I wanted to intervene earlier. But you had a tiny little moment where I saw the old you fighting back."

Miyu bit her lip lightly. "The old me?" "Yes, I remember very well how you yelled at me once." Oikawa reminded the girl, who had almost forgotten the situation. "Oh..."

"Why are you here?" Miyu finally wanted to know. Knowing Oikawa, he would never go after a girl voluntarily. "Iwaizumi would have forced me. But I came voluntarily. After all, I've been trying to talk to you the whole time."

"About what?" the pink-haired girl wanted to know, dripping a ready-made scent onto her skin with a pipette so that she could smell it. "About why you met with my mother."

Miyu looked at the boy questioningly. "That was a coincidence, as I said before." Miyu replied honestly. "I don't know what happened between you, but I met your mother at the scent event."

Nothing more was heard from Oikawa. He already knew that part, but he wanted to make sure that his mother hadn't lied about it. Oikawa hardly had anything to do with Miyu. However, he knew that Miyu would never lie. She was far too bad at that.

"I've cleared it up with her, by the way. You might be interested to know that she was in hospital because of a nervous breakdown." Oikawa now spoke, causing Miyu to jump off the chair.

"Is she all right?" she asked with concern, which made Oikawa smile. "She's fine." he promised, which meant that Miyu had calmed down a little and she was able to sit down. Should he know the truth?

"What about your father?" Miyu asked curiously, causing Oikawa to exhale in annoyance. "He doesn't know yet. He's currently abroad again and rarely gets in touch. To be honest, I hated my mother because she left him for another guy and her job. But it looks like my father just didn't want her to make perfumes."

Hearing Oikawa talk about such private things was new. To Miyu, he always seemed as if everything was fine with him. Apparently he had just as many problems as everyone else.

"I'm glad you talked to your mother. I have her to thank for my life." Miyu announced unintentionally and swallowed as she realized it herself. "How am I supposed to understand that?"

"Mh...well..." the pink-haired girl mumbled and now felt several taps on her forehead. "I'm just teasing you, silly. She told me." The boy grinned and saw Miyu place her palm on her forehead. Cute.

"That...hurts..." grumbled the girl, who had turned her face away. Why was he calling her a silly girl? Was he serious, or was it just a little nickname she had been given from today on?