Chapter 61

The preliminary rounds of the spring tournament had begun, which Miyu would follow properly for the first time. She had researched the basics and read up on the rules. Miyu didn't want to stand around clueless while the other fans cheered loudly and knew more about it.

Miyu wanted to stay away from the many girls who had told Tooru at the beginning that she would not be joining his team. Because she knew that her friend would be besieged by a swarm as soon as they saw him. She trusted that Iwaizumi would bring him back to the facts.

It was clear why Miyu was there at all. She wanted to give Tooru something in return, since he had spent money on her scents that he didn't want back. It was a gesture to show that Miyu could participate in such events. It wouldn't always be like this, but it had meant a lot to Tooru when she had said yes. After all, today could be the last match for him.

His mother had tried to reach Miyu, who was in Tokyo. Although the two of them got on very well, their contact was no longer as intense as before. Not because they had started to hate each other. It was more because Tooru's mother had a lot to do and had to be there for her own company.

No one could blame her. If Miyu wanted to bring out her own brand, she would probably have to go through the same thing. Miyu had promised the woman that she would cheer Tooru on for her. Although, Miyu would probably stand around like a wallflower and leave everything to the fans.

"Mm..." Miyu stood near the stands to find a good spot. By now, quite a few seats were full, which was due to the school, which had been here for a very long time. The music club was also present, cheering on the team with empty water bottles and a few drums.

A few cheerleaders were also present to support the whole fan club as they cheered. Miyu had often compared herself to these girls in the past. She always thought they were all more beautiful than she was, which in retrospect was really stupid. The nickname Tooru had given her was true. She was just a silly girl.

Miyu did feel a little uncomfortable. Miyu had never been able to experience an event like this up close. She had always had other excuses or reasons for not attending. Miyu was really glad that neither Tooru nor his team had held it against her.

Miyu now got on relatively well with all the players. They talked to each other now and again in the school canteen. But Miyu wasn't always talkative when it came to volleyball or other topics she didn't understand.

But being accepted by everyone was a little more important to Miyu.

Kindaichi had even once apologized to her personally at dinner for what he had said and thought to her at the beginning.

Finally standing up to the railing, Miyu looked down at the volleyball court where the players had already spread out. She had been thinking far too much about everything that she didn't even realize that the first set was about to start.

Her gaze fell on Aoba Josai, who had produced a strong presence. Miyu could also sense a similar aura from the substitutes. And then she swallowed slightly when she saw a boy who hadn't been seen at school for a while. The rabid dog.

To stop clinging to the past, Miyu now looked at the other team. The Karasuno, who had probably received an equally strong aura. Shimizu had not lied about the training camp she had been to.

And then Miyu noticed a piercing gaze next to this team, which was why Miyu had turned her head slightly towards her fans and widened her eyes when she saw her big brother, who had recognized her in the crowd so quickly.