Chapter 56

Slightly ashamed, Miyu turned her head to the side, while Oikawa didn't exactly have a happy face. "Father." Oikawa said monotonously and turned his head slightly towards him. His father looked at him with an almost similar face before his gaze went to Miyu.

"Your girlfriend?" he asked with a slightly derogatory tone, which made Miyu press her lips together and not want to look at the man. The gap around them became uncomfortable again, which disappeared for a few minutes. And that was only because Miyu was alone with Oikawa.

Indirectly, Miyu was already calling her boyfriend by his first name. After all, she had revealed it through the label. But she had never pronounced the name correctly. He, however, called her Miyu all the time when he wasn't using one of his nicknames.

"Yeah, what about it?" Tooru asked back, putting his arm around her shoulder as if it were a matter of course. "If you want to know for sure. For almost two years, when winter is over." he clarified immediately.

"Is that so?" the man asked, continuing to look at Miyu, who would now like to disappear. She sensed and heard that she was not welcome here. "Yes, and I don't care what you think of her. I love her."

Very direct. But Miyu was pleased that Tooru was being straightforward with his father. Why did he want to slander her? His father, however, didn't even appreciate the comment. Very nice indeed.

"What do your parents do for a living?" was his first question to Miyu, who could feel her heart beating. Her breathing stopped for a brief moment during which she had thought about everything. No matter what she said, she would not be accepted by this man.

"This has nothing to do with our relationship." Tooru helped her out of the question. "I didn't ask you." his father replied and waited for Miyu to give the answer herself. He hadn't even asked her name.

"My...mother doesn't really work. She volunteers at foundations. My father is a...simple employee in an office..." Miyu said without looking at him. It was embarrassing enough to even talk about it, since she knew how his father would feel about it.

"Normal citizens, then..." came his statement, which reinforced her thought. It was only Tooru's arm that made her feel safe right now. Without him, she would have fled long ago.

"Like I said, I don't care because it doesn't affect our relationship." Tooru repeated himself again, standing up to his father really well. "Instead of asking her about her family, you could have introduced yourself first and asked her name. You're ignoring me, it seems."

His father's brown eyes radiated a coolness that gave Miyu goose bumps. It probably wasn't good to talk to him like that. "I don't care about your name." he said, which was really hurtful.

"I don't want such a normal girl who's also had surgery in my house." the man added, which made Miyu freeze. He could see it!?

"Excuse me?" Tooru asked, stunned. "A girl who has an operation just to get to you is worthless. What's more, she's not wealthy and could leave future business to you." explained the Oikawa, which really almost made Miyu start crying. Her lips quivered as she clutched her trembling fingers in Tooru's jacket.

"How can you think and talk about it so heartlessly? You don't know anything about her or us!" Tooru tried to defend his girlfriend further, talking to a wall.

"I want her to go." his father demanded, which Miyu didn't want to be told twice and broke away from Tooru.

"Miyu I..." "That's all right. I'll find my own way home." said the pink-haired girl and simply turned her back on him. Not knowing that Tooru had continued to stand up for her afterwards and had sent Iwaizumi after her for protection.