Chapter 52

Aoba Josai had lost the training match, but that was no big deal for them. Oikawa in particular had taken it with humor and said that it was because he hadn't been as fit as he had thought. But that didn't mean he would lose again in another match.

"Sometimes I wonder how you can be with him." said Iwaizumi, who was walking to the bus stop with Miyu and Oikawa. Actually, he was fine walking home with Oikawa, but it became a habit to take Miyu to her apartment.

"Because I look good and I'm the best passer in gan Miyagi." Oikawa grinned naturally and Iwaizumi looked at him questioningly. "Good-looking? Aja..."

"Of course! And besides, I'm the nicest friend there can be in the world." Oikawa added, not acting as mature as he actually was. Oikawa had many character traits that Miyu had accepted. Even if he was sometimes quite provocative, it was nothing she would hate him for.

But he was absolutely right. He was nice and treated Miyu as a normal person. He often showed her that looks weren't everything and that she didn't have to worry about other girls.

Miyu wasn't actually jealous. She knew what she was getting into and how the girls raved about Oikawa. But she also knew that they only wanted his attention and that he had always turned them away in a friendly manner and with a fake smile. In situations like this, it was clear to see that Oikawa himself hated being labeled as just an outsider.

"You don't have to wait for the bus with me." Miyu tried again. Almost every week she had refused this gesture, which her friends had strictly forbidden. "Forget it. Little girls never go home alone." Oikawa said and immediately felt a blow to the back of her head. "Ouch, Iwa-chaaan!"

"Did it hurt?" he asked. "Yes..." the player moaned slightly. "All right then!" "Heeey, that's not nice..."

Miyu watched the whole thing with his usual grin. Without Iwaizumi, Oikawa would really be almost lost and would continue to speak so condescendingly. "I just wanted to say that..." "Yes, we know what you were trying to say. But you can really save your comments." the ace interrupted him.

Iwaizumi gave a brief wink, causing Miyu to press her lip together and look away. "Mhm..." Oikawa mumbled at the end, suddenly turning away halfway. His gaze was fixed on his cell phone, which had vibrated slightly. His facial features had changed, which could be seen in his narrowed eyes.

"What is it?" was the first thing Iwaizumi wanted to know and already had an idea of what might be going on. "My father... he's back in Japan." Oikawa informed her and looked at Miyu, who had never seen his father before.

"Huh?" came directly from her mouth, as Miyu didn't know why her boyfriend had looked at her so strangely. "He might have a problem with our relationship."

"Why? It's fine for your mom, too." Miyu couldn't really understand why it was such a big issue.

"You should know that his father is quite wealthy. He owns several companies, which is why you'll be a simple streetwalker in his eyes." Iwaizumi explained, as he knew Oikawa's father well enough.

"Street...girl...?" Miyu swallowed. From the looks of it, his father was going to be really difficult to get along with. "We'll manage." Oikawa assured him with a grin, confident that his father would accept everything. "He'll love you." he said, which Miyu was unable to emphasize. But if Oikawa was so confident, she should trust him for now.