Chapter 8

Miyu had put up with everything throughout her middle school years. The insults, the teasing and the comments from the other girls who always thought they were more beautiful. Shimizu, who was visiting her, had never mentioned anything because she knew how Miyu must feel.

When Miyu had told her best friend what she wanted, Shimizu had immediately encouraged her. Because for Shimizu, Miyu would always be who she had always been. Helpful, intelligent, caring and there for you. Miyu did become a little shyer and quieter over the years. But that was only because of the bullying that had taken place.

"Will Dad and Kei hate me?" asked the fifteen-year-old, who was at the hospital with her mother and Akiteru. At her request, her mother had chosen a hospital in Miyagi that was not close to her home. Miyu wanted to avoid anyone seeing her. She didn't want anyone to know that she had undergone plastic surgery.

"They won't. They'll understand why you did it." Akiteru assured her with a smile. "Especially Kei. He's smart and he's sure to have heard something."

"Hm...he's still mad at you for lying about the volleyball..." the young woman mumbled, which made the blond laugh. "I guess there's something to that."

"Miss Tsukishima?" a doctor called out to Miyu, who had been waiting at the door. Her operation, which she was allowed to do thanks to her mother's signature and money, would take place right behind the door. A change before high school, which Miyu had hoped for.

"Everything will be fine. We'll wait here until you're awake again." her mother smiled, which reassured Miyu. "Thank you..." Miyu said for the first time, as she had never managed it before.

"You are my daughter. No matter what you look like. You'll always be the most beautiful in my eyes. Don't forget that." came from the blonde, who had now taken her daughter firmly in her arms, still smiling. "I just want you to be happy. And if you think this operation will help you, then I'll support you."

"Just like me!" Akiteru grinned, which made Miyu smile briefly. It really hadn't been a mistake to trust them. "Okay..." Miyu breathed out, moving away from the two of them to follow the doctor.

"Nothing will happen to you. We'll take care of you." the doctor spoke, having sensed Miyu's nervousness. Tsukishima nodded gratefully and looked towards the bed where she would have to lie for the next few hours.