Chapter 41

"I don't want anyone to know..." Miyu grumbled on the bus as she rode back with Oikawa the next morning. He sat next to her without complaining about Miyu and simply took her hand, thinking that there was no one on the bus who could know the two of them anyway.

"Then let's not tell anyone." Oikawa agreed with her. On the one hand, because he didn't want to hear any comments either. Especially because of the girls. And secondly, because he had taken Miyu's request seriously and didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

She had also found it funny to hold his hand, which had made him smile. Miyu was really cute about that sort of thing. "Stop grinning like that..." the pink-haired girl grumbled softly, but she was very happy. "Oh come on, let me do it." whined the player who had always done this to Iwaizumi.

Shaking her head, Miyu looked out of the window and thought about how things might go at school. Many of the students would talk about the secret relationship they had started. Immediately after the kiss, Miyu had left the living room, but cried happily in her room. Well, Oikawa thought it was so funny that he had humiliated her a little this morning.

This made it even clearer to her that Oikawa was really out to get her inside and would simply insult her playfully from time to time.

"We'll be playing the Shiratorizawa again soon." Oikawa now spoke. Oh yes, the spring tournament was coming up again soon.

If Miyu had thought about it, time had passed really quickly. Reisuke had long since traveled abroad to start his work. I wonder if he was all right.

"You'll manage the match." Miyu smiled slightly. "I hate that Ushiwaka. Ever since middle school." Oikawa grumbled. She was familiar with this situation. Oikawa had often lost to Ushijima. They must have been something like rivals.

"Just don't give up." "Say the one who gave up on being herself." Oikawa replied, and he wasn't wrong. Miyu often didn't behave the way she actually was. "Mhm..."

At the nearby bus stop near Miyu's student apartment, the two of them got off and pretended that they had just met there. Miyu didn't want it to be obvious from the street that they were a couple. She wasn't in the mood for excuses.

"What else are you doing today?" Oikawa wanted to know, since he had already said he was going to train anyway. "I think... I'm going to make some scented candles." Miyu thought about it and recognized his little grin.

"My mother asked me if I could give her one of your candles.

She said you really have a great talent for it." "I'd be happy to make her a scented candle." Miyu smiled and hadn't seen her for a long time. Apparently she had a lot to do with her company.

"I actually wanted to thank you for that. I don't think I would have been able to meet her and talk to her if it hadn't been for you." the brown-haired man thanked her. "I...didn't do much. But I'm glad you're close again."

For a moment, everything that needed to be said was said. The only question was how the two of them said goodbye. A hug was somehow not enough. A kiss was a bit too much in public.

"I'll see you on Monday." Oikawa took over the decision and simply raised his hand and waved. Miyu looked gratefully at the boy and raised her hand herself. Perhaps it was for the best. "Yes, see you then." She said goodbye and was incredibly glad that Oikawa had given her all this time.