Chapter 39

It was not a very big restaurant that the two of them had visited. It was more of a simple ramen restaurant which, according to Oikawa, had good reviews. They had to take the bus to get there, which wasn't too bad.

"Mhhh..." came out of Tsukishima's mouth as she slurped the noodles and chewed them up. Her behavior during the meal was actually normal to decent. However, the way she ate the noodles was not exactly polite.

Oikawa, who was eating her counterpart, simply looked at her, which made Miyu squint slightly. Caught off guard, she swallowed the food and finally straightened up a little.

"Sorry..." she mumbled quietly, poking around in the soup with her chopsticks. "For what? I don't mind if you eat like a piggy."

A slight blush appeared on her cheeks. Although she was always bullied, she didn't mind Oikawa's little insults. Why was that? Was it because she liked him?

"It just shows me that you feel good and that you like it." the boy added, causing Miyu to glance at him slightly. Sometimes she just didn't understand this boy.

"Why did you want to go on a date with me?" she wanted to know and put her hands on her lap to take a break from eating.

"Because I like you and I don't want another guy to have you." Oikawa blurted out, causing the blush that had disappeared to return. "Wh...what...?"

"That Reisuke really annoyed me. He was always near you and looking at you. I was glad that you turned him down." he continued, which came as a surprise. "You were...jealous of Reisuke?"

"Sure." Oikawa admitted, who probably had no problem talking about feelings. "I saw you first. And that was back in middle school. And then this guy just gets in the way."

Miyu swallowed, unsure but also happy. Was she so naive and had never realized what Oikawa's feelings were? Was she really that stupid and had never understood his actions, his sayings and everything?

"But I know you're unsure. I can assure you that I've never seen the outside of you. You're kind, smart, sometimes naive and cute. Oh, and let's not forget you're a silly girl and a piggy, which is cute." Oikawa grinned, which almost seemed like something out of a movie to Miyu. So there really were people who took her as she was.

A smile crept onto her face as her head tilted downwards. Miyu was moved by the situation and was glad that she had accepted this date. She would never regret this evening.