Chapter 40

"Oh crap...there's no more buses..." moaned Oikawa, who had forgotten that some buses were no longer running. "The next one isn't for a few hours."

Miyu had to smile a little at this scatterbrained attitude. Oikawa had organized everything well except for this part. He had even paid for the meal, although he didn't have to. "We can call a cab." came his idea, which would definitely be too expensive.

As Miyu looked around, there was only one option that was feasible. "I have an idea." The student smiled slightly and waved for him to follow her.

"Where are we going?" Oikawa wanted to know and took a good look at the surroundings. "My family lives near here. As far as I know, they're staying with our grandparents at the moment." Miyu explained, having learned this from Akiteru. He also said that her father had obviously complained that she wasn't coming with him.

How happy Miyu had been when the news came that her father had calmed down and accepted her new face. Immediately after her brother's confession, her father had called and cried her ears off, apologizing. In the end, Miyu only heard a snide comment about her father from Kei, who she hadn't really spoken to herself.

"And...we can just go there now?" Oikawa asked, which almost made Miyu laugh. "Of course, I grew up there."

When she arrived at the house, it took Miyu a few seconds to open the door, as her key wasn't exactly new. When she jiggled the lock a little, she heard a click and the door opened.

"I'll bring you some clothes to wear in a moment." Miyu, who had turned on the light and taken off her shoes, said. "You can have my father's slippers. They should certainly work for you." she said and left the small hallway to go to another room.

During this time, Oikawa had the opportunity to look around. The living room looked quite cozy, which is why he had entered this room straight away. There were a few pictures on the walls, which didn't say too much. He found it strange that Miyu was not depicted anywhere.

On a shelf, Oikawa clearly recognized the girl. His legs carried him to the furniture so that he could look at the photo. But before he could do so, it was taken away before his eyes. "Forget it!" scolded Miyu, who had immediately thrown the photo into a drawer. "I don't want you to see it."

"Why? I know what you used to look like." Oikawa said calmly and sat down on the sofa nearby. "Mh...anyway..." mumbled the girl, who had sat down on the single armchair and placed the change of clothes on the living room table. "I'm...embarrassed..."

"As I've said before. I never thought you were ugly. Besides, I really miss your old face." Oikawa repeated himself and looked her in the eye. Because Miyu appreciated his honesty and knew that he would never talk badly about her, she thought about giving him the photo.

"Just three seconds." said Miyu, who had taken the photo out of the drawer and sat down again. "Are you sure? You don't have to if..." "Yes, you do, but you better not look at it for more than three seconds!" the pink-haired girl scolded sen boy.

Squinting her eyes, Miyu held the photo out to him while she counted down. "Three...two...one..." It had seemed like minutes to Oikawa when he could see her old face, even though it had been three seconds. But it had been enough for him to be sure of his feelings.

The pink-colored, full lips and the snub nose that Miyu now had were totally secondary. For Oikawa, her big eyes, which were the result of an eyelid lift, were not important either. Seeing her in front of him, knowing her nature and her passion were the only things that were important to Oikawa.

For Miyu, his next act came as a surprise. Due to her uncertainty, she had been so absent-minded that she had only seen his face late in the day. Oikawa had knelt between her legs, pushing himself up a little so that he could reach her face.

Her eyelids were slightly lowered, while she could feel his breath on her face. His brown eyes showed her his calmness itself. Although Miyu had never done anything like this before and had only pulled her head back slightly, she didn't resist for that moment.

When Oikawa's lips touched hers, Miyu forgot everything around her. Her eyes had automatically closed completely while her lips had completely surrendered to his. The feelings that came crashing down on her spoke volumes.

Reisuke and Kaede were right. Miyu had feelings for Oikawa, which she had now recognized herself through this kiss. Feelings that Oikawa had probably had himself for years and had proven to her here.