Chapter 11

Nervously armed with a backpack, Miyu stood in front of the Aoba Josai school building. Her bright eyes focused on the many students who would be having their first day of school here just like her. Many of those who walked past her kept glancing at her before a few whispers arose. However, it was different to primary and secondary school.

Breathing out softly, Miyu continued on her way and looked at the sheet she had received in the mail. It showed her classroom and the subjects she would have every day. The meeting point was in the classroom itself. However, Miyu wanted to know who was in the class with her first.

That's why she walked towards the small stands with the clubs written on them. The majority of the sports clubs were boys who had signed up. Miyu would not decide on a club early on. Actually, there was one that she would choose straight away. The bad thing was, however, that chemistry was not highly regarded and so there was no club. Not a good start.

"Can I ask you something?" came from Miyu, who had finally approached a small group. Among them were two boys and three girls who were talking to each other and probably went to the same class.

Her eyes immediately fell on Miyu's face, who didn't show much of a reaction at first. But what Miyu did herself was to look at the girls' faces and compare them with her own. Just as she had done many times before.

"A seven out of ten. An eight out of ten and...even a ten out of ten..." , the light-haired girl thought to herself when she saw the black-haired girl. In Miyu'a eyes, she was beautiful.

"You look beautiful." the brown-haired girl said, which made Miyu smile slightly. "Yes, I think so too." said the ten out of ten, which made Miyu feel a little more insecure again.

"Not at all... you look very beautiful too." she said, which made her counterpart smile. The two boys stared rather than saying anything and had completely forgotten their actual question.

"You wanted to ask something?" asked the other brown-haired girl, who Miyu had dubbed seven out of ten, in a friendly manner. Actually, she should stop doing that for once. "Um, yes... do you know if there's a chemistry club here?"

"I haven't heard of any yet. But you can ask for a course at the secretary's office." said the black-haired girl. "What's your name anyway?"

"Oh, sorry." Miyu bowed slightly. "Miyu Tsukishima." She introduced herself in a friendly manner, covering up her nervousness towards them. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kaede Hanagaki." The black-haired girl also introduced herself and would probably make a good friend during this time at school. However, this girl was probably far too beautiful for Miyu to be able to build a friendship with her.