Chapter 63

The match had become more and more exciting, causing Miyu to get really excited. Although her brother and Yachi had to explain things to her, she kept up pretty well. Her eyes were mostly focused on Tooru and Iwaizumi, who played harmoniously together. But Tooru was also able to get everything out of the other player. Although, with the rabid dog, whose name wasn't important to Miyu, it was probably a little more difficult.

Tooru knew how to play him. But you could tell that teamwork wasn't exactly his strong point. This meant that he had to leave the field again for a while so that the team could regain harmony.

Miyu kept biting her lip as the ball went over the net. To her, it seemed like an eternity how long the ball had not touched the ground. The sets dragged on and Miyu could feel how stressed Tooru was.

She remembered how the high school tournament had gone. Many students had talked about that moment, how Tooru had given his best friend a long pass and they had won. How Miyu would have loved to have been there.

But today everything looked different. The Karasuno had become stronger and used many tactics to win. Tooru had watched every one of their matches himself and knew how to counter them.

But he would overestimate himself for once, as Miyu could see. His passes remained precise, but the Karasuno were able to block many of these attacks. Their coach Ukai, as Yachi had said, had trained the Karasuno really hard and prepared them for everything.

And then there was Kageyama. Here Miyu could clearly see what he had learned over the last few years. He was no longer the king that Kindaichi had told him about. He had the number ten at his side, who could execute all his passes.

"Come on..." Miyu murmured quietly and excitedly when it came to the last point. If Aoba Josai couldn't take the ball, that was it. Miyu could hardly imagine that Tooru would lose. He wanted to win against Ushijima for once in his life.

Her bright eyes turned to the volleyball, which was still with the Karasuno. For some primal reason, Miyu knew what they were up to and did something that would never happen again.

"Block him!"

Two words that the Aoba Josai team could clearly hear and Tooru's eyes widened.

For once in her life, his girlfriend had actually used her loud voice to cheer them all on.

His brown eyes turned to Kageyama and Hinata, who would deliver the final attack. If he couldn't take this ball, then that was that.

"Thanks, Miyu..." Tooru thought to himself, almost forgetting what his goal had been.

When Hinata jumped up and Kageyama made the pass, the front players didn't hesitate to jump up at that moment. But Tooru saw a small gap between them, which prompted him to stand right there. He was ready to take this ball from him and turn the game around.

A bang sounded as Hinata shot the ball over the net and it bounced right onto Tooru's arms, which he had stretched out. But he realized that he had underestimated the angle and could only watch as the ball hit the wall behind him and bounced on the floor.

The referee's loud whistle was the signal for him that the whole match was over.