Chapter 47

Casper's Point of View: 

"I can't believe you slept with him after what he did to you!" Camila said.

I raised an eyebrow at Camilla. "I literally asked you for advice right before it happened."

She rolled her eyes. "Yes I know... but I'm still shocked... I mean... you were so mad at him, and then a week later you're letting him fuck you."

"How do you know he fucked me?" I asked.

Camilla raised an eyebrow at me and gave me a look of disbelief and I lightly shoved my shoulder against hers.

"Next time it can be your turn." Cayden said. He had been avoiding most of our conversation so far and I shot him a look. "You think Nate will let me?"

"I think if Nate wants to be your mate he has to be open to new experiences." Cayden said.

"Hey Cayd... does that mean you're open to letting Kai fuck you?" Camilla asked with a dead serious look on her face.

Cayden scowled at her and gave her the middle finger as he giggled.

"Oh right, maybe you two should get to a talking stage first right?" Camilla asked with a smirk.

"How is that going?" I asked Cayden. "Any updates?"

Cayden sighed and shook his head. "None... no updates... just... it's all just so hectic. I try to talk to him. I always smile at him... he just looks past me like I don't exist." He lowered his eyes to the ground. "I'm starting to wonder what happened, you know? I'm worried about him but I can't get close enough to do anything about it."

"You should of seen him at the dance." Camilla said with a smirk. "Kai was there, reading a book near the teachers lounge and when Cayden tried to talk to him and offer him a drink, Kai told a teacher that Cayden was pressuring him to drink alcohol and Cayden got kicked out." Camilla giggled and Cayden rolled his eyes.

"It was an eventful night." He murmured and I smiled.

"I'm surprised you haven't given up." I said with a side glance at my friend. "It's obvious he doesn't want you... not now at least."

Cayden clenched his jaw and shook his head. "That's not it." He murmured. "There's something going on there beneath the surface..."

"And you're going to keep harassing him until you find out what?" I asked.

Cayden lowered his eyes at me. "We're mates. It's not harassment. It's worry. It's anxiety."

I placed my hands up in mock surrender, smiling at Cayden's annoyance when I saw my parents up ahead, talking to one another in hushed whispers.

I stopped walking, crossing my arms and glaring at them. "What are they doing here?" I asked.

"Well, they're the Alphas of the pack." Camilla pointed out.

"Shut up Camilla." I replied.

My father looked up and noticed me and he at once started walking my way.

"Let's go." I hissed to my friends, spinning on my heel and attempting to walk away.

"Casper!" My father yelled out. "We need to talk. We have a meeting-"

"I don't give a damn about your meetings." I hissed out, turning around and glaring at my father. "You drove Brianna away! I can't ever forgive you for that."

My father pursed his lips. "Now what you need to understand about that is-"

"That you're a terrible parent?" I asked. "Yeah, I know that thanks. You're terrible people. Both of you." I glared at my mother as well as she came to stand by my father's side.