Ch. 332: Try It Out

Chen Li shook his head and said, "I don't have anything I want to ask."

Although he was somewhat puzzled about the relationship between Chen Yunlan and Xie Chunsheng, Chen Li also knew that it was ultimately a matter between Chen Yunlan and Xie Chunsheng. He could observe but didn't need to get involved.

Later, Chen Li felt that this wasn't enough and added seriously, "Dad, no matter what you decide, I'll support you!" He even added an encouraging gesture at the end.

Chen Yunlan smiled, very pleased. His eyes curved with joy as he said, "Thank you, Xiao Li."

Afterward, Chen Li discussed some art matters with Chen Yunlan, but soon he noticed that Chen Yunlan seemed distracted. Assuming that his father must be tired from returning from the US, he said, "Dad, you should rest a bit. When we get home, I'll wake you up."

"Okay," Chen Yunlan nodded, closing his eyes to rest.

Chen Yunlan, however, wasn't really asleep. His mind was in turmoil, unable to understand his current emotions.

It was too unbelievable, too unexpected, making it hard for him to believe whether everything before his eyes was real or not. He felt like he was dreaming or in some sort of illusion, as if poking it lightly with his hand would burst the bubble.

Thus, he needed time, time to accept this nearly impossible situation.

As it wasn't rush hour, the car smoothly returned to the residential area. Just as Chen Li turned to wake Chen Yunlan, he opened his eyes, "Are we here?"

"Yes, we're here."

Chen Yunlan opened the car door, carrying Qiuqiu and walking home with Chen Li and Wei Chen.

Due to jet lag, Chen Yunlan hadn't eaten dinner. After putting down his luggage, he lay back on the bed and tossed and turned for a while before finally falling asleep.

When Chen Yunlan woke up, it was already midnight. He grabbed his phone to check the time and noticed a text sent over an hour ago.

Chen Yunlan opened the message from Xie Chunsheng. The message was simple, just four words - "I'm waiting for you."

I'm waiting for you, waiting for you to accept this message, waiting for you to accept me again.

In an instant, Chen Yunlan understood the meaning behind Xie Chunsheng's simple three words. His grip on the phone involuntarily tightened, his whole body tensed up, and after a long while, he sighed heavily and typed a few words on his phone.

Chen Yunlan stared at those few words on the phone for a long time before pressing the send button. He knew that once sent, there would be no chance to change what had been done.

So, let it be like this.

Give oneself a chance, give Xie Chunsheng a chance, and also give a chance to the feelings that couldn't say goodbye over twenty years ago.

The Spring Festival hadn't completely passed, but the night in the capital had regained its liveliness. The colorful neon lights adorned the dark night, creating a beautiful sight.

In Xie Chunsheng's office, despite the late hour, he hadn't rested. His focus had slowly shifted from the United States to China in terms of work. After accompanying Chen Yunlan for a few days in the US, work had piled up upon his return. Once back from the US, he rushed to the office to handle work matters.

Unable to resist, he sent a message to Chen Yunlan. Since Yunlan couldn't accept the fact, he was willing to wait, no matter how long it took for Yunlan to come around.